What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Yes, it goes from Bath to Cleethorpes. Well that’s the official line. Obviously nobody who is in Bath (or Cheltenham for that matter) would ever actually think of going to Cleethorpes. It does have a very good Mazda dealer and a couple of nice chippies but that’s about it.

1 Like

If your search for rx7 breakers and buy one off them,usually cheaper I got one for a tenner ! And it came with the oh light switch with a front fog switch built in,now on Safetymatches car lol

2 Likes

Designed and printed a coin holder pot to go in the door drinks holder.
I’ve put the design on Thingiverse if anyone with a 3D printer wants to make one.

This is a phone holder I designed a while ago. Not the prettiest, but not really visible in use.

(Coo, don’t close-ups show all the blemishes and dirt :grinning:)

2 Likes

Coin pot and phone holder look great but the detail in the printing of the matchstick is amazing. Well done that man.

:wink:

5 Likes

give the engine bay a little tickle

5 Likes

Strikingly so, you might say :grimacing:

2 Likes

Replaced both auxiliary belts. The alternator bolt at the rear is a right pita. There’s no way i could get it to budge on my 1.8 na. In the end I had to resort to a heavy mallet to nudge the alternator closer to the engine block so I could fit the new belt.

Now that’s done I need to find out why I’m getting a more pronounced whine in 3rd and 4th when letting off the gas when in gear… I also get it on acceleration in 4th at around 4000rpm?

Calm before the storm!!!

2 Likes

We sell Klarius at work,never seen one so dent free🙂

Might be when i try fitting it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When shopping in it, someone came in the shop to ask if a mx5 owner was around, as driver had hit it while parking, good job I only waxed the drivers side this morning. :scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rofl:

Wow! Credit your sense of humour! I’d have been pretty devastated - At least they owned up by coming to find you!

1 Like

Definitely, that’s a sad day for sure!

Don’t know yet, only had a short drive back from the tyre shop so far, not been out since…

Ouch…

Soul Red…hope you pick a good body shop.

Oh well, it’s only metal, and someone else will pay to fix it. Fingers crossed for a good paint match…

1 Like

You are being remarkably stoic.
What else is there to do really.
Does your have the Exploding Bonnet?
Historically, I’ve a restored 70’s Celica GT written off by a careless Volvo driven by a Long Haired One, and a newly restored Monza 3ltr ( complete body refurb & an engine with 80 miles on the clock) written off by a drunk postal worker in a Sherpa back in the 90’s.
Hence my need today for a slushbox Roadster.
One just has to shrug… I’m stil drawing air every morning & drawing my pensions.

3 Likes

As the 5 needs some TLC, which the previous owner didn’t seem to bother with, I decided to paint my calipers as they have some overspray on them, although the alloys are still looking a little sorry for themselves I thought it would brighten things up a little.
The original Blue Hammerite was a nice colour but a bit bright and although I wanted a splash of colour, I didn’t want to draw attention to the old kerb rashed alloys, so I added some Black Hammerite to dumb it down a little, giving me a sort of French Navy.( Silver MK3 ) P.S it dried a bit darker.
Looks better than before anyway :thinking: :grin:

5 Likes

Taken the Mk3 to JR Classics at Askern for rust proofing of the areas previously missed by MX5 City, front inner wings and front chassis rails. Also a removal of all other underside and wheel arch panels and general touch up and injection into the sills. Decided to go with Dinitol as it should flow better into seams.