What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

They are a lovely colour. Have a real hint of blue to them in that picture.

1 Like

First time Iā€™ve had a set of wheels refurbed, they did a really good job. The wheels werenā€™t terrible before, but they had a few parking scuffs, and the lacquer was starting to bubble and lift in places. Hopefully thatā€™ll see them right for a few years!

To my personal taste, these alloys are now perfect for your car.

1 Like

A person of exquisite taste! :smile: Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

1 Like

Sneakily fitted the IL motorsport stubby aerial to the ND, after having it delivered to work this afternoon, seems to work on Dab okay. :blush:

2 Likes

Westy End Weegie ex pat.
Ashton Road off Byres Road?
Falkirk for 44 years now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:
Unless you have proofs your chassis has been Hunter Laser Aligned, Iā€™d recommend ( once Cov-id allows of course) you do so. I can recommend ProGrip in Larbert near me. Around Ā£60.00. John can dial in preferences eg ā€œFast Roadā€ settings etc.
If you do, hit me up ( Iā€™m retired) and I can pick you up for a coffee for an hour and chat Mx5 rollocks.

1 Like

I know where you mean, I lived in Glasgow for a few years with a bunch of my mates. Happiest days of my life, Iā€™m married and living in Paisley now! :smile: Iā€™m from Sauchie originally, so not far away from Falkirk. Iā€™ve been told Pro-Grip in Larbert is the place to go for wheel alignment?

1 Like

You just read my mind re ProGrip. Spooky.
We got our two kittens from the Sauchie Rescue.

Sounds good, Iā€™ll give you a shout once weā€™re allowed out again! :+1: Is it a NA you have?

Looks very good :+1:

Ordered a new RX8 variable intermittent wiper stalk from China today.
Will report back on how quick I get it, what import charges I get clobbered with, post brexit and if it actually works.
Ā£15.60 delivered.

2 Likes

Two actually.
Blue one Hers, green one His.
Be rude not toā€¦

5 Likes

Both very, very nice! Just the one MX-5 in our household, my wife trundles about in a Hyundai i10.

1 Like

Thanks very much.
Lots of rot-rebuild on both I must confess, and the Mk1 has an all new chassisā€¦plus much else.
Too much to go on about really.
Had them 15 years both.

Both daily drivers, or weekend toys?

1 Like

Just now, not even weekend toys but after chucking 4k at the Mk1 is/was a dry day Great Glens forager.
You can perhaps appreciate why.

The Mk2.5 Sport is / was much more the daily. One dayā€¦one dayā€¦

1 Like

Lots of nice looking bits under there, I bet it handles well! Mine is bog standard at the moment, but the rear shocks are a bit weepy, so Iā€™ll probably treat it to a set of coilovers sometime soon.

I went to Pro Grip last year when I got my car. Service was spot on.

1 Like

Replaced drivers side interior handle with one I sourced on eBay. Also fitted ā€œJust Send Itā€ door bushes for no other reason than I thought that they looked cool!

1 Like

Cool and sunny day - perfect for polishing, so gave my ND2 a really going over with Autoglym Super Resinā€¦ Job done :slightly_smiling_face:

Just had a little sprinkling of rain - so cue night-time ā€œBeadingā€ picā€¦! Is the bonnetā€¦ Honest!

2 Likes