What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Felt my winning blue beauty needed an aerodynamic boost so the addition of a spoiler would be wise. Also wanted to ensure my plates didn’t fall off and people definitely know she was a Mazda :laughing:

5 Likes

A little worried about the spoiler. Having one so large will give a huge amount of downforce at the rear. Could really offset the 50/50 weight distribution at anything over 30mph.

4 Likes

Yes i did consider this when purchasing so made sure i went for one the car could cope with. Not taken her for a drive yet so will take it easy on the spoilers maiden voyage, maybe just a 15 mph trip round the block for starters!

2 Likes

Did it look bigger in the advert​:rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Nicely fitted though!

1 Like

Brushed half a ton of snow off before an interesting short essential journey on wintry roads

Too late to worry about that.
It’ll have destroyed the 50/50 distribution & instil terminal understeer.
Accident waiting to happen.

RE: rear spoiler, looks the dogs, your really gonna notice the difference when yo hit the ton, I made mine from a 3’ length of floorboard and 2 x 4x4" wooden upstands, but my wife said it looked a bit " Flintstones " :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Yabadabadoooooo

I just hope it never gets to the stage where my feet go through the floor and stick out the bottom of the car :smile: I think I need to get out more :laughing:
fred flintstone_500_500

3 Likes

What, like my Alpine was like when I was restoring it😂

3 Likes

Wow :astonished:

■■■… :open_mouth:

Wow. I thought my mini was bad.

2 Likes

I still have the mental scars, it took me 8 years to restore. :weary:

1 Like

I’m on two years and not started. Defender chassis to repairs. Typically off the road in this lovely snow.

I’m a Defender owner as well as you can see from my avatar, 2013 XS 90 County Station Wagon, so no chassis rot although I have been there with a Series 3. What do you have?

Blimey, that’s some project, but lovely looking little cars though, did you finish it ? any photos ?

Yes I did finish it and it was on the road for 14 years, we also owned a MK3 Spitfire that I restored a few years before, so we ran two classics for about 27 years. The Spit went first to be replaced by the NB and with money over, then about six months later it was followed by the Alpine. They were both reliable for years and then they both started to have silly issues especially when they had been put away for winter, so I thought what was a reliable good handling sports car that was cheap and the parts weren’t of dubious quality, hence I am here.

This is the day we got it.

Finally finished.

5 Likes