What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

You wouldn’t fancy selling the standard exhaust by any chance?

yes - I have just posted on another thread. I will take a picture now and PM you - not sure of value…

Cannot wait until Thursday!!!

I have just PM’d you some pictures…

I want the blue model on the dash! Just saying! Haha

Ant

Replied thanks.

If you have the little black boot lip, you got yourself the exact spec I would choose in the ND range.
Either way, your 2021 is about to turn memorable.

I did think about the spoiler - but if I get everything on the car when I buy it - how can I spend time looking at what I want to do with it and spend more money during ownership?

2 Likes

Fitted the polished stainless door lock covers to my door jambs.
Very smart and great value at less than a tenner posted.

2 Likes

No they don’t have tyre monitoring valves, they are just plain metal valves. Spray the washer with anti-rust fluid.

De-cat.
Repositioned the O2 sensor behind the secondary cat in the mid-pipe.

Do you have a friendly MOT tester? I didn’t want to spend the £800 on the catted version but £400 seems okay.

Having read many of the posts on here, I’m hopeful that it shouldn’t present a problem. Emissions always appear to be within tolerance, although I haven’t checked that yet. The rest is down to the MOT testers interpretation of the guide lines.
Interesting discussion on the topic here…

Hi, FYI. Just had another MOT today and passed.
Looked back through my previous tests and to be honest no real difference whatsoever in emissions with either one or 2 catalytic converters. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Generally seems to be okay for MOT. The guy I bought my backbox from had headers and told me to go for it and not to worry for MOT I’m just a bit paranoid about these things.

1 Like

Added black door mirror caps. I like the contrast with the white paint work.

9 Likes

Finally finished soundproofing my NC using Dynamat Xtreme with a Dynapad layer on top. After all the time and money spent, I had hoped for a really quiet cabin but I can still hear the exhaust and also some noise from the rear axle. Maybe the bearings need done? Oh well. The pictures below, for those not familiar, are of the area behind the seats, after all the trim and roll-bars are removed.

could be getting road noise from drain tubes if the flaps have been damaged

2 Likes

I have fitted new wheels to my 30 AE OZ Ultraleggera 7Jx17" Tyre Bundle - Matte Black × 1 from bbr, for no other reason than to save the original Rays wheels, which are ridiculously expensive, not that i ever go anywhere atm. Straight fit no spacers required, i had the TPM fitted and they automatically matched to the car.

4 Likes

Certainly a thorough job - I am surprised you can hear any noise now… Has made me think twice about doing mine.

1 Like