What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

“Dinky” :slight_smile:

Ducky??

No, not really ha ha ha :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You want a nemonic to remember the reg?

How about - Deviant Kisses 2 1N Naked Frolic

Sunday Sport headline if ever I saw one.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A bit of fettling :+1:t3::+1:t3::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

16 Likes

21 plate. Amazing mate

You don’t hang about Bally :grinning:

1 Like

Booked my mot. Tuesday at 4. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Looks great!!

1 Like

Well I’m cheating this one a bit as it was yesterday but:

Good:

• Gearbox Oil change
  • Diff oil change
  • Rust inspection
  • New droplink on drivers side (the last one sheered)

Bad:

• My Differential has lost a couple teeth and chewed a bolt.I have the Super Fuji and apparently they are a Torsen copy and not the best out of the factory ones :frowning:. Quoted around £470 all in for a Torsen one.

Speaking of Diffs, does anyone know how a replacement is sourced? Is it new or is it used, taken from an early model?

“Quoted around £470 all in for a Torsen one.”

That’s about right even doing it yourself. If it’s being fitted for you…it’s very decent I’m afraid.
They are hen’s teeth. Modders , drifters, and SuperFuji “victims” abound.
What could have happened to you was the infamous “tabs” fouled the gears.

1 Like

I’m completely fine with the price. I knew that the SuperFuji’s were know to not last. I didn’t realise the Torsens were rare though. What do you mean by “‘tabs’ fouled the gears”?

4 Likes

Fitted the sequential LED rear indicators to my ND, they light up the rear lenses much better than the standard bulbs. Quite easy to fit, getting the light units out is the trickiest bit.

MX5parts rang me on Thursday to tell me that Mazda no longer supply the official LED lights, so they offered me thier alternatives with a discount and free postage.

LED Sequential indicators

Ouch. Mine tore up what looks like a bolt but I’ve no idea how or where. Looks like it would fit in the center of the metal piece in your 2nd picture. Here:

Fitted a set of delrin door bushes, not been for a drive yet so not sure about the difference on the road but I can hear a deeper thud when closing the door.

3 Likes

I am selling ‘very similar’ sequential indicators at £50 including UK delivery. Sold the last of the first batch a couple of days ago but more on the way. My supplier tells me they are the same as the ones supplied to Mazda. Close up examination of the LED modules reveals no differences. Even the part number printed on the PCB are the same.

1 Like

Nice! I am looking at some from Carbon Miata but they are still in development. around 3 months left before production. Only 299 USD per set and have 1y warranty.

Hopefully have them on in time for summer:

What products do you use Bally?

1 Like