What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Fitted a £7 gear knob…because race car…

1 Like

Yesterday I installed this

Today I had a nightmare with this (number plate)
Tip of the day: make sure your tow hook hole isn’t rusted over! I ended up threading/ruining the bracket bolt and then just screwing the plate into the bumper, not ideal I know but it’s on!!
Edit: does the plate look too small? It’s regulation size… for a motorbike. I figured relative to the size of the car I’ll get away with it

And I got this :sunglasses: she’s called Laka, it’s a Hawaiian name that means goddess of the hula

1 Like

Had a shave last month. Don’t want to overdo it.

3 Likes

Daily cleaning of bird s%ts.
What a life.

What make of mesh grille is that? I’ve been looking at a few but they had cutouts for the number plate, whereas yours is complete.

With my warranty and Mazda rescue about to expire, bought a Green Flag rescue membership just in case.

3 years ownership soon came round

1 Like

Don’t know actually, was on the car when I got it. Don’t know what others are like but this clips on to the bumper I think (didn’t really have a proper look though), seems stock. I’ve got the 2.0 sport if that helps

1 Like

Started it. Fired up first press of the button which surprised me as it hasn’t been touched in a few weeks. Window visit at my mum’s care home tomorrow so a rare chance to go somewhere in it. Washed it too. Then washed the Qashqai which made me realise why I love my little MX-5 as it takes half the time to wash.

5 Likes

It looks very much like a Zunsport? I have the same (or similar) on mine.

Although mine is a mk3.5 but they do for the mk3 I’m sure? Black or polished.

It’s actually not clear on their website about the mk3, whether it’s a full grille or not :thinking:

Here’s a link so you can have a look.

https://www.zunsport.com/en/mazda-mx-5-mark-3-upper-grille

Barrie

2 Likes

Thanks. How easy/difficult was it to install the air intake, and have you noticed any difference in acceleration or sound?

Thanks, Barrie, think I’ll contact them and ask.

Not so much what I have done but what I had done; a great valet and ceramic glaze by HD Valeting in Weymouth.
Very nice job :+1:

9 Likes

Highland green, love that colour and not seen many on the roads.:+1:

1 Like

If anyone orders from ZunSport and uses this Loyalty membership code at check-out, they will get a 15% discount on the order and there is no limit on the number of times the code can be used.

1006 39546

I was given it when I purchased a grill for my ND

4 Likes

New Bola B1 rims and Pilot Sports

11 Likes

Looks great - hope you are pleased with it!

1 Like

They sit just right under the arches, looking good! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

A ride down the M18 to Roddisons to get a fractured exhaust mid-section pipe on my NC repaired. While it was on the ramps also got Paul to change the gearbox oil.

Was going to wash it but left that to mother nature - bands of rain this afternoon did a great job of getting shot of the dust and pollen, it would seem.

Was really easy to install, getting the bumper off was the trickiest part but that’s only because I didn’t read the instructions properly!!

As far as sound and acceleration, there does seem to be an improvement in throttle response and a slight extra grunt in the higher rpm range of each gear but honestly I’m not sure how much is psychological

1 Like