What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

I fitted some Philips HB3 bulbs for the main beams of my NC3.5.
They were some I’d previously fitted to the 999, not the latest but will be brighter and whiter than oem.
Quick, easy job but the loom is so tight it won’t allow you to twist the bulb to remove it, so you need to detach each connector first and re-attach last.

Need to do the dipped beams now, I suspect that could mean some skinned knuckles and bad words though…

1 Like

Not today but only last week .Front chassis rails repaired by Dan at The Welding Corner nr Southampton

Not sure if these pics can be viewed please let me know if not . Cheers

Looks like a very smart job LukeDuke :+1:

1 Like

New steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels fitted. Great service from them and very happy with the result.

11 Likes

Welcome to the flat bottom club! :+1: one of the best things I’ve done to mine! RSW (Jack) is brilliant, worth it IMO.

Barrie

Thanks! Not cheap but does seem like a quality item and RSW are very customer focused which is a winner for me. Would definitely recommend.

1 Like

3 Likes

I thought long and hard about white dials but went for the Ford GT style. Did you have to paint the needles?

Fitted an AEM cold air intake. Such a nice looking piece of kit - seems wrong to hide most of it behind the front bumper.

5 Likes

Yes I did! Actually I used a red sharpie pen, perfect for the job :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

How do you find the snow foam jet washing? I’m getting a bit jaded with how long it takes me to rinse/shampoo/resin/wax the car. And hard water makes it twice as difficult.

Full detail today, paint and leather protection. The photos do not do it justice, it now looks better than new!

12 Likes

Is that a sheepskin rug on the garage floor? You really pamper your MX-5!

2 Likes

Viewing on my phone, I thought it was straw at first! :joy:
Barrie

Love the red interior, what model is that and was it an option?

It’s a very beautiful :100:Anniversary Edition MX5, one of only 100 others like it in the UK :uk:.

I have got one too. The interior maroon leather seats and carpet match the roof :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Thought as much, out of my price bracket then, like the colour combo.:heart:

Taxed the ZSport, gave her a good clean and polish and first drive apart to Mot her in February since last October. Hope to get in more than last year’s 450 miles!!

s !!

11 Likes

There is an old rug in there, you have to look after the cars in the winter :smiley:

2 Likes

@V_BRG I use the Bit Hamber Auto-Foam (as many others here do too).

I live in a soft water area and have only been using a foam pre wash since March when I got my new MX5. My experience of using it so far has been positive :+1:.

The foam does not wash the car. What is does do is soak into the dirt and provide a lubricated base for the shampoo wash. Granted there is some reduction in the visible dirt on the car when the foam is rinsed off but it doesn’t all go. (That might change now the car as the “ceramic coating” :turtle:, I will report back on that one).

You need a proper snow foam cannon (I paid about £15 form mine). The dispenser bottle that came with my jet wash was just not suitable.

The foam I get is not a gloopy thick foam, in fact after the “dwelling time” most of it has run off the car. I am not left with foam all over the driveway either, excess rinses away as part of the washing/rinsing work.

My last 2016 MX5 was washed regularly albeit that was just a jet wash, wash and towel dry. Adding the snow foam step with my new MX5 I would say has made the wash step easier (as in less effort) :cold_sweat: and it’s a fun process too. Time spent from start to finish is properly about the same. I don’t take the wheels of every time :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like