What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

That stuff is great. It was the only thing I found to remove grit stains from the paintwork.

Waterproofed the hood with Renovo Ultra Proofer.

Repaired a hole in the seat

1 Like

Removed all tar spots from front and sides of car. Used it in the wheels and it removed a load of black stains etc. Good stuff :+1:

2 Likes

Had a little me time with the NC yesterday before delivering Easter eggs to the kiddie winks.
Definitely me bush has worn, that’s the gear shifter bush. The bit of plastic as posted in other threads that gives a slack change. Ordered a new one from Mx5parts, will report back if any change in the change.:+1:

1 Like

H&R 40mm lowering springs and IL Motorsport anti roll bars and drop links fitted. Car sitting at a nice height now, might need to get some wheel spacers next though…

7 Likes

More buffing, de-greasing and rust encapsulator paint going on, topped off with Motip anti gravel.

Rear crash bar buffed , primed and resprayed Mazda Brilliant Black.

Next pics posted for a heads up really, deck plates removed and surprisingly rust present !

Oh and a seized bolt in this one !

8 Likes

I finished repairing the sills this week, so gave it a polish.

6 Likes

Took the wheels off, sanded them down, wet and dry to get them smooth, etch primer, 2 coats of wheel silver and 2 coats of lacquer.

Just a tarting up job really for £23 and some time as my wheels were crusty and had lacquer lift/bubbling on every wheel.

13 Likes

Love a yellow car, wish mine was yellow, like the old Seat 124 I drove as a student…
Anyway, today I have done nothing, but washed the 5 yesterday, along with its stablemates the Up! and CRV.

Changed the diff oil on my 3 year old ND, 14k miles.
Used the Mazda approved hypoid oil.

2 Likes

Removed those pesky reflections from the windscreen & bodywork while out for a drive…

![IMG_8607|690x438]

8 Likes

Very nice!! :smile:

1 Like

Lubricated the PHT mechanism, the bits i could get at

2 Likes

Looking great👍

How did you do that? Polarising filter or software?

Polarising filter :+1:

2 Likes

I chose dash-cams specifically because they have polarising filters.

Also I use good optically neutral polarised shades for driving; the seeing has so much better visibility without reflections of the top of the dashboard.

5 Likes

That’s interesting
The reflections are a real.pain, especially with a low sun.
I wonder if you can get polarising varifocals…

Just how much difference does it make???

Sounds expensive. When I wore Zeiss Photo-grey auto-dimming lenses in my glasses they doubled the cost of the prescription. Adding polariser instead might be a recipe for true rip-off.

However, a more flexible option might be what an old school friend has used for many years: clip-on flip-up hinged polarised shades, but I don’t know where he got them. These look similar, but are bulkier at the hinge.

1 Like