What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

I have the badge in my garage :man_shrugging::flushed::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

So you nicked it Geoff.:rofl::rofl:

Got another MX-5 or thinking of buying one yet?:thinking:

Try to convince yourself that it’s essential maintenance Mick might make it a bit easier to swallow the pill as it were.:rofl:

2 Likes

I just have the standard suspension on the car and it feels rather slow and disconnected to turn/drive, shame there is no option for a group buy where a few £££ could be saved.

Buy the crd’s and your sportives will have a good home :star_struck:

Took my exhaust off and then realised once it was off that the exhaust I was going to replace it with won’t fit due to the size of the OEM cat… (well… it shouldn’t fit, didn’t have time to check)

Putting it back in the garage without the rear section of the exhaust fitted was quite amusing though.

Should note that the jack in the picture is pushing the support bar back into place as I had to remove the back two bolts to get the exhaust out and isn’t actually holding the car.

1 Like

nice feeling when its done as well.

lucky find that reg plate iv’e been looking forever and mx5 anything is rocking horse doos

This was a gift from my family, but they told me that MX05 was more expensive than MX55, and there was more choice? :man_shrugging:

There is definitely something quite therapeutic about the click of a torque wrench when putting things back together!

2 Likes

Use the code ‘MX5NUTZ’ on the Meister website to get 5% off.

2 Likes

Having to remove my Rear self made spoiler and do a few mods to get it MOT Road worthy for end of January :wink:

Carbon Fibre fins need Removing and spoiler needs lowering around 15mm LEDs that are fitted need to be in line with the third Brake light

I think it would pass but not worth the risk especially when your Mot tester makes a little hint… :rofl:

1 Like

If you like it and I guess you’ve not had any grief from elsewhere can’t you just remove it for MOT purposes?
If you want it just so then.:+1:

1 Like

I appreciate the amount of work you’ve put into making that spoiler, but (for me) it ruins all the other hard work and effort that you’ve done on the car.

1 Like

I get what you say about the Removal however I would just like it fitted so it will pass then I can make some rather more appealing mounting Brackets with a little more downward Rake so this will enhance the look’s of the spoiler…

2 Likes

I will post a pick up later when completed see if I can get you to change your mind, it look’s better in the flesh so to speak than pictures l just don’t seem to be able to get a half decent shot of the dam thing :wink:

1 Like

I fractured my foot a few days ago but took my boot off and just sat in the car and thought YESSS I can’t wait to drive her again

2 Likes

It’s what I may do??

It’s been a week since the wheels rolled on the NC, weather not looking great for the next few days.

I’m getting that S O R N feeling being as it’s coming to the end of the month.:thinking::weary:

I don’t get the point of this, yes the roof comes off but it’s not 1960. These cars are great all year round.

That is true but unless they are properly weatherproofed they do dissolve over time if used on salty, wintery roads :wink:

2 Likes

Just had the one dose of salt on Devon roads so far this Winter, so I’ve been driving mine a fair bit.

2 Likes