What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

LED sidelights highly recommended too :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah right, :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise that some of the centre caps have proper clips on the back. They are much more handy than the flat backs on those that come with my alloys! Our car only had one centre cap when we got her. Was still on with whatever adhesive was stuck to the back - but only just! Got it off now and have a replacement set to stick on once I’ve finished refurbing the last wheel. I don’t want to use anything like super glue because that is horrible stuff so thinking a silicone based adhesive may be the way forward. Strong enough to hold it in place - but not a total nightmare should we want to change them and remove any residue at some point in the future.

Hope it turns out ok. And you are right about superglue - I wouldn’t use it for your application either. Cheers.

Fitted an Acqua di Parma leather diffuser, smells awesome and matches my 100ae leather almost perfectly (ignore that bad lighting in the photo).

Crikey! I’ve just Googled how much these are!

Not cheap, but high quality.

1 Like

Fitted this Cobalt Strut Brace. A thing of beauty.

7 Likes

Snap !!

7 Likes

Nice, no jokes mind. :wink:

I took mine off by putting them each cap in a cup with boiling water and let there for 1 min. the mazda emblem comes off with a gentle push with a screwdriver. I tried without the boiling water method and I thought mine will break trying to get them out.

Looks very smart in your engine bay.

1 Like

I’m late to the “today” thread so…yesterday my NC1 was treated to a nice winter service. LSD, Gearbox and Engine oil (and filter) changes.
Brakes where overhauled too.
Also, both seats now sit 2.5" lower thanks to the Jass lowering brackets. Love that car :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Fitted Momo Nero knob to my Mk3 NC (kept the old one for originality obvs) and drove Elephant & Castle to my Mums in Chiswick with roof down cos it wasn’t quite raining & to keep battery charged. Excellent.

3 Likes

Finally got to completing the hand made Rear twin fin spoiler with LED Brake lights

well pleased with the out come its taken a while to get it the way I want the spoiler to look when mounted and its a one off because I not making another from scratch its 20mm lower than before and has more Rake/ angle and now complies with the MOT REGs as its hollow the under side has been sealed off with some mazda logos embossed carbon fibre which I hope will help with air flow … :joy: :joy: I post a full thread build in the mods section soon …

10 Likes

That looks mint

1 Like

It’s not major but today I swapped some worn plastic gaiters for leather. These are from j-f Customs on eBay. After ordering they contacted me to double-check my car model. Fitting the thicker leather in the place of the thin plastic inside the brackets was a bit fiddly and it was tough to get the handbrake one to fit it well but it’s kind-of fitted now and I expect it to settle a bit. I’m pleased with how it went apart from breaking a couple of clips off the back panel which I feared I would.

7 Likes

… and then over a cup of tea and re-run of Top Gear I realised that the bezel should be under rather than on top :thinking:

Now I just need to train my sleeve to stop involuntarily opening my wife’s window :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now that you’ve mentioned it, I never noticed the fitting of the handbrake sleeve.:thinking::grin:

2 Likes

I knew there was something wrong with that first picture but couldn’t work out what :slight_smile: At least you didn’t have to remove the centre console to fix it.

3 Likes

Yep. I don’t want to do that ever again. I get so nervous doing these things as I worry I won’t be able to put it all back at the end.

1 Like