What have you Photographed lately?

Super shots Mel! :+1: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks gents! :grin:
The top two were at Glencoe, the third one was looking across the Kyle of Tongue/Castle Bharraich and the bottom one was going across the Glenfinnan Viaduct looking towards the monument :blush:

2 Likes

Awesome! I so want to visit one day, it’s such a long drive from right down in the southwest of England but I’m determined to do it!
I’d particularly like to do the NC500 but I suspect I’ve left it too late as we’re not spring chickens anymore…

1 Like

Lol, NC500 is my home-stomping ground :rofl: Lots of people of all ages do it ever year, it just requires a fair amount of careful planning, that’s all :blush:

Mind you, the south west is a lovely part of the world to tootle around :grin:

1 Like

P1000386|333x500

![P1000404|333x500](upl

No landscapes I’m afraid, just shots from my garden.

7 Likes

We like the Southwest. North Devon in 2021

In 2020 we stayed in Mousehole for a week. Again having a decent long lens can make all the difference to the picture. In this instance we wanted a memory of the super house we stayed in.
55mm as close as it can, Mousehole from up the road out to the West, 13.12, 19th Sept.

300mm soon after, close up on our rental, the little white house and its single story lounge extension. This was intended for the whole family, but because of Covid ended up with just us two. Superb garden, ample private parking, a wonderful base for a family holiday.

5 Likes

Lovely shots, and great portrait :slight_smile:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fox, I had a hedgehog hibernate in my garage many years back but that’s about it lol

1 Like

Looks great Richard, must admit my parents were always fans of the south coast (especially the Lizard down in Cornwall) so I haven’t seen a great deal of north Devon, must get up there and have a proper look around!

Some of our family live in Bridgnorth, and we like to stay in a cottage at Daniels Mill just outside. The mill works and sells the flour. It’s an overshoot cast-iron and wood water wheel. Inside it has this set of gears for driving the millstones. Originally it could drive three mill-stones 24/7, and that is a lot of flour.

Note that the pinion gears on the millstone shafts have wooden teeth. These are intended as mechanical fuses! The torque is so high that if something jammed and stalled it the wood will split off before the millstone above it can break or the cast iron crown wheel can shatter. Then look at the size of it and compare with an MX5 diff.

2 Likes

That’s a very clever idea! Looks like a lovely location too, just googled it, Bridgnorth is actually not too far from where my sister lives so will have to check it out as a potential place to stay for when we next visit her…

1 Like

Another good place to stay is Wisemans Bridge. We enjoyed a week there in Sept 2017. The roof below our rental is pub, had a good rep when we were there, but being five-up with three excellent cooks, we never visited the pub. Pendine sands are the other side of the headland behind me, well worth a visit.

This view towards Saundersfoot (through the tunnel in the small headland) with Tenby the other side of the distant horizon.

2 Likes

We have just returned from Wastwater last Saturday, we stay there at least twice a year as we do a lot of fell walking and scrambling (not the the motorbike one)

2 Likes

The sands in front of Bamburgh Castle, visited with the MX5 OC on the June 2015 Northumberland trip. Three shots from the same spot. 16.15, 07/06

Looking South

Looking West

Looking North

3 Likes

What a beach!!

1 Like

The water is just a bit nippy though…

yeah I can imagine, but not a fan of going in the sea anyway, I just like to photograph it from a comfortable distance

2 Likes

This is a great drive, never been over it in a 5 but the M.G. B we had found it a bit of a struggle but I’ve been over in my all my Defenders and everyone gets out my way, which is nice. :grin:

1 Like

There are some stunning photographs in this thread.
This one is from Rhos on Sea. We stopped off on our way home from Llandudno for a bite to eat and took this picture while walking along the beach back to the MX5. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

haha yep no messing with a Defender lol, my brother has one, good fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a stunner, nailed it!