What have you Photographed lately?

This was taken last Thursday on Great Gable at the Westmorland Cairn just down from the top, looking straight down the valley and Wastwater. The other pic is afterwards, doing a bit of poring and having a cheeky one or two. (mines on the left)

7 Likes

That’s quite some view! We both have disabilities so aren’t able to stray far from the car but it’s always great to see other viewpoints we miss :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a shame but l always say to people about Hardnott and Wrynose is that it’s the nearest you can get to a fell walk in your car. I hope you can’t miss out on the second viewpoint?

Yes that’s very true, and no definitely don’t miss out on the second lol

1 Like

Did they have photography back then or were they sketches? :rofl:

2 Likes

For those living near the south coast of England, or visiting, and fancy doing something a bit different with your camera for half a day, I thought I’d post this heads’ up…

There’s a little studio in Ringwood (north of Bournemouth) called “Captivelight” who do half day photography sessions on a range of subjects, I believe they reopen around middle of May. We stumbled across it online and have travelled up from Plymouth for 3 separate sessions now (hoping to go up again soon to do Birds of Prey).
Equipment requirements are mainly a DSLR, a macro lens or long zoom, and for the water droplets a tripod, plus knowledge of how to set ISO, aperture and shutter speed in manual mode. It says on their website what kit is best depending on which workshop

Here’s my favourite from each of the 3 sessions we’ve done (having come away with literally hundreds of shots) - Harvest Mice, Frogs & Water Droplets

20 Likes

Definitely a “WOW” factor there! :heart:

1 Like

Oh, WOW! They are truly stunning pictures!
I really can’t compete with that, but these images of Woodpeckers visiting our garden (taken through the glass from our spare bedroom window!) are some that I was rather pleased with!

12 Likes

I’d be exceedingly proud of any bird pictures anywhere near that quality! :smiley: :+1: Great shots! :heart:

You do yourself an injustice, those are cracking shots! And amazingly clear through glass too :slight_smile:

More from Northumberland with Bamburgh Castle taken from Ross Sands, about halfway between Bamburgh and Lindisfarne, plus a beach visitor at the same place. This beach is only about 5 miles from where we stay now (we are lucky enough to be able to see Lindisfarne island and village from our upstairs windows, maybe about 2 miles as the seagull flies). Anyone visiting Bamburgh should try the carrot cake from the Copper Kettle - a nice treat, even if it does come in a box at the moment. Other places worth visits nearby are Ford and Etal. A walk round Berwick walls is also worthwhile.

8 Likes

Thank you so much Countryboy and TinMan1 for your kind words!
JMK

2 Likes

A few more holiday pics

7 Likes

Great pics! :+1:
Doesn’t look like Aviemore and the Cairngorms to me though! :innocent:

The clarity and the colours in these are incredible! Nature’s always the most beautiful subject :heart_eyes:

Lol, thanks. No, they’re a mix of Norway, Switzerland & Svalbard

Nice to see another Lake District fan here (my favourite place). Great photos! Here’s my favourite photo I’ve taken. It is on Blencathra in the Lake District :blush:

6 Likes

Stunning! Love the Autumnal tint

Thank you so much Gallaibh - I love watching our Woodpeckers, and am lucky that I can ‘hide’ behind the glass of our spare bedroom window, which is at just the right angle that they don’t see my photographing them!!

1 Like

Thanks. It looks quite inviting but it was a rather chilly 2019 new years day! As you can see here, me and my dad had to wrap up! It was an impromptu walk after seeing it was clear when we woke up.

4 Likes