What is the Soundtrack to your MX-5 experience?

It certainly is a lot harder to lower when cold as the material is very rigid - I suppose there would be a risk it would split or you would damage something in thre folding mechanism.

Thanks Simon,
Belkin’s technical support replied to an email questions, but basically said sorry, that’s how it’s designed to work and there are no settings or fixes to disable the auto shutdown.
Halfords were very helpful and are exchanging the Belkin thing and ordering me a Griffiin iTrip Auto Universal. It has a jack socket instead of a iPod connector and works with any mp3 player. And it’s £5 less than I paid for the Belkin.The manager seemed unsurprised that I had problems with the Belkin and confident that the Griffin would work better. From the details I can find on the web, it is designed specifically for in-car use, unlike most of the others, and so it doesn’t have the battery saver auto-shutdown feature.
Here’s hoping I’ll be able to listen to some Pink Floyd tracks all the way through without interruptions.

That’s good news Andy, I hope you manage to listen to your music without any problems…the one I’ve got is the best in-car music gadget I’ve ever had!

Cheers

Well I know that this is corny but here goes. The Soundtrack to The Italian Job (The original). That Matt Munro song that is in the intro to the film is amazing! Also Andy Williams “The boys watch the girls watch the boys go by”. Last but not least any Pink Floyd will do!

Don’t fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult, Freebird - Lynard Skynard, Ramble On - Led Zep, Place your Hands/Naked - Reef, Everlong - Foo Fighters, Hotel California (Acoustic) - Eagles . . .a nice sunset to drive into would be nice

This morning -
Toto, Livefields
Steve Vai, Ultra Zone
This evening it will be Boston, Corporate America.

We’ll live and die in these towns — The Enemy, The cd also features the singles Away From Here, Had Enough and Pressure.[8o|]

Anything by Journey, Starship and The Scorpions!

I’m also partial to 80’s pop music.

Odd choices for a 26 year old guy! But hey, that music combined with my 5 make me a very happy chappie!

Anything Hendrix but the best has to be ‘Machine Gun’…

I just drove back from my sisters house listening to Pink Floyd playing “Brain damage”. I was driving so much calmer than on the trip TO her house… On that run I had “Kashmir” and “Communication Breakdown” by Led Zeppelin playing :slight_smile:

(Do you think If you got caught speeding you could go to court and enter a plea of “Driving under the influence of Led Zep” ?)  :slight_smile: