What is your favourite beer?

Back in the days when I did drink, it had to be either Guinness or Belhaven Best for me :blush:

Great thread ! Into craft beers these days - Daveya’s earlier post is a masterclass in top craft beers.
Right now drinking Brewdog Lost Lager - perfect summer beer :beer:

1 Like

Never been a beer drinker, always made me feel bloated, but when I used to do a lot of “walking” at lunchtime I used to find a pub and have a “ploughman’s” and a pint of draught Guinness. Magic!

2 Likes

Corona is quite nice, and because of its name, tends to be cheaper than its rivals.

Each to their own - I will continue to buy it.

Free beer

2 Likes

Granted although free but unopened beer probably a worthwhile clarification!

For me in this weather ale just doesn’t hit the spot the way a light Italian lager does such as Birra Morretti

1 Like

Without a doubt Adnams Ghostship… American citrus hops. Brewed in Southwold Suffolk. Try it you’ll be hooked.

3 Likes

Excellent drop of brew

It’s been a long time, (I no longer drink alcohol) but back in the day in London/Hertfordshire it was Abbot Ale for me, or pretty much anything at room temperature with bits floating in it :wink:.
How things change…

1 Like

I nearly fell over a “special offer” mountain of that in Tesco’s this morning, so I bought a case just to try it!

1 Like

Nice, enjoy! Goes well with a sunny patio.

1 Like

I come from Zummerset so it’s cider for me :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Ghost Ship was a revelation when it first appeared from Adnams, but a lot of other beers have caught up now, and use the citra hop (not citrus, geek knowledge there!), or similar, which gives it that great flavour. I’m biased towards Adnams as its our local Suffolk brewer and enjoyed a visit to the brewery a few years ago and impressed the guide when I managed to identify the hops used in Ghost Ship just be sniffing a sample! But if you like GS then try the Adnams Mosaic, which is a similar sort of flavour but better in my book. And Adnams Broadside is a good dark beer, great in the winter.

Sadly since lock down the occasional after work trip to the local bar around the corner has still not resumed. They served lots of interesting guest beers which were always fun to try.

I was a fan of Brew Dog’s many and varied beers and again Punk IPA was a revelation when first tasted but none of them seem to do much for me now. Beavertown beers will currently be in the fridge, as they sell them in Sainsburys and I like the colourful tins! Which is something I don’t like about Brewdog now, their packaging is rubbish, just bland designs and insipid colours, and it does make a difference, at least to me.

Just around the corner is a fab beer shop, selling a great variety of craft beers, both tinned and bottled, but again I’ve not been in for a long while, but some of the stuff I’ve had from there in the past has been amazing, usually bought on the recommendation of the bloke who runs the place.

I was a lager drinker for years and then, could be about 10 years ago now, I happened to try a couple of proper beers and it was (yet another!) revelation realising there is a whole world of flavour out there you really miss if you only ever drink supermarket or on tap lager! Funny thing is though I don’t get that from wine, it all tastes pretty similar to me, I can see much more variety, and pleasure in an ale.

7 Likes

Many and varied, but always come back to Hobgoblin. Can’t go wrong, there.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t think I understand the question…

Yes, beer is my favourite?

7 Likes

When I first went in to a pub (legally obviously!), this was the beer of the era… favourite was never a word I never described it as…! Rhymed with “grit”… :rofl:
Rob

ABC_AYLESBURY

Is that Gales HSB? Is it still available?

Ofiaich,

A great ‘combo’ Roger! Hope you are well?

Barrie

1 Like

My local has it on draught and Tesco 3 for a fiver. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What size bottles are they, 500ml ?