What is your favourite beer?

I have two Beerwulf sub pumps in the garden bar so buy a lot of different brands and types. Not the cheapest way of getting a pint but I do enjoy the concept of ‘draught’ beers to dispense myself.
In the pumps are this one which I do like

These two amongst others will be on next

This box of 8 is a surprise for Father’s Day! I know, not really a surprise but I don’t have any idea what’s in it? :smiley:

Quite an extensive range on offer but only available to buy on line and delivery can (or has been) problematic at times, presumably with lockdown, demand has been high but seems to be settling down now :+1:

Barrie

4 Likes

I pretty certain they are the 660ml bottles.

Wow! That’s good! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This was all I drank in my earlier years…

Then I changed and started drinking only only lager, Carling (some say it’s like pee) but I like it. Now it’s the odd bottle of beer, mainly locally brewed Dancing Duck is brewed here in Derby, that’s quite nice, but it’s mainly the Burton brewed stuff.

1 Like

I remember double diamond. My mate’s dad used to drink it out of those little tins you used to get, and we young chaps used to cough borrow a few, its was essential during that long hot summer of 76 during the school hols, to help cool you down…

Yep a good year, long hot summer and I got married.
Used to head to our favourite pub which had DD in draught, I was the only one in the group drinking it, ex college lads, the rest on lager or Guinness.

Drank draught DD sometimes - Still waiting for it to “Work Wonders” though! :rofl:
Rob

1 Like

DoubleDiamond! that’s brought back memories! Works wonders, you know! :smiley: Around that time, Whitbread’s used to brew their ‘Bighead’ beer which I enjoyed too! Another ‘local’ brewery was Webster’s, their Pennine bitter (drives out the Northern thirst) was another good drink, Fred Trueman used to be on the ads!

Barrie

1 Like

I had to check with Obergruppenfuhrer and they are 660ml and she buys them for me, so win win. :+1:

2 Likes

Where do I start? Favourite real ale is Timothy Taylor Landlord, followed by Fuller’s London Pride, then Adams Old or Ghostship. Favourite bottled Adnams Broadside, then Greene King Abbott Reserve. In cans it’s Hobgoblin Gold or Ruby. The only time I drink Pilsener type beers is when I am abroad and I do love a German Dunkel or Marzahn

1 Like

so how amazing is it I can still remember the tune to " a double diamond works wonders" advert, all these decades later!

3 Likes

At Uni some of us drank Coates Triple Vintage cider. It tasted like dry cider with a tot or two of vodka added, and had that strength too. It was supposed to be local too, from Nailsea in Zummerzet.

Before the tax was added on cider, we paid 2/6d per half of CTV while Tartan was 2/6d per pint. But that half of CTV had 50% more alcohol than the pint of Tartan.

It was a formula for success in the minds of us scientists and mathematicians. (2/6d = 12.5p)

After the alcohol tax was added (1970?) CTV sales plummeted, and it soon vanished from pubs and shops.

Edited to correct Freudian-auto spelling error

2 Likes

Here’s one just for you…! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Remember the song, “A Double Diamond works wonders…” It was a slogan that must have worked for me to remember it after all these years.

I remember it. It was the same tune as the Harry Belafonte song “There’s a hole in my bucket dear Lisa, dear Lisa”.

3 Likes

Jail Ale

Asda did a substitute on my click and collect last week and gave me this, must admit was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

1 Like

I remember being quite impressed ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) by a local beer (Adam Brau) in Axams, near Innsbruck, at New Year '59/'60, well I was 16 yoa at the time. :innocent:

1 Like

Warsteiner, known to football fans as War Starter.

For real ale, anything from Taylors. The Golden Best, the Bitter (now called Boltmaker) and Landlord all have the characteristic flavour, you just have to remember that if you start at the top the lower strength ones will taste thin. Landlord is actually a bit strong for a session., if the Golden is available I’ll happily stay with that,

Cant’r abide Fullers. I really need to move back to Yorkshire.

2 Likes