What is your favourite wine?

I recently sold my hybrid bicycle to an MX-5OC member, for an agreed price and a “Good” bottle of wine… Now I am a million miles away from being a wine expert, and haven’t drank wine at all in a few years because I never really found anything I liked - But on Wednesday evening, it was warm and sunny and I opened the bottle of Asda 2019 La Levee Extra Special Chablis, and wow, I really like this…! :slight_smile: So as the question above asks, what is your favourite wine, the one that stands above all the others you have tried…?!

1 Like

I grew up with amazing wines that didn’t cost the earth, In France 3 euros get you something great.
But I am rather fond of Moët et Chandon Imperial Brut.
Brunch. Celebration. Cakes. Dinner. I aways find it suitable.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape in the reds, but I’m still undecided on the white - possibly a Chablis, but watch this space, as I still have some research to carry out !

1 Like

Fizz- Bollinger . Predictable choice but lovely .

White - I am very partial to a good Gewurztraminer from Alsace , especially with decent Chinese food .

Red - Chateau Musar from the Lebanon . Stunning , wonderful wine, like a huge Rhone red. And considering what obstacles the vineyard has had thrown at them in such a turbulent country, it’s miraculous they make any wine at all , let alone such a great one .

2 Likes

Well, I definitely fall into the “I’m certainly no expert” camp! Generally spending no more than £6 - £10 a bottle and will try most brands. Asda for convenience, has an extensive range of quite nice bottles (IMO) :+1: I got into Chardonnay’s and Pinot Grigio from wherever was available in the whites and Malbec for the red. I’m more of a consumer of such things rather than having any knowledge on the subject and as has been said, now the better weather is with us, it goes down a treat, relaxing in the garden on an evening, lovely :clinking_glasses::wine_glass:

Barrie

1 Like

My usual favourite red is a Rioja but I’ve recently been impressed with’19 Crimes’ an Australian red, from Sainsbury’s or Tesco etc
Steve

3 Likes

I buy 19 crimes too! If you didn’t know, there’s a ‘talking labels’ app for your phone, scan the label and the miscreant comes to life, telling their story. That sometimes happens when the contents of the bottle have been consumed, without using the app! :smiley::smiley:

Barrie

3 Likes

Ain’t got a clue, missus buys it I drink it, well in small amounts. The last one I wasn’t keen on, the previous it was lovely I asked her to pour more, both reds.
She has an habit of seeing wine in M&S or Sainsbury’s and getting a few in, mostly red.
Now ales, I can name a few I like but they are all going to be from the cheap supermarket shelf.

1 Like

Not keen on white or champers but I buys cases of Fitou which has sneaked up from less than £7 a bottle to £10 over the years as I guess more people have discovered it. But sticking to the topic you can’t go wrong with a St Emilion.

1 Like

Australian Merlot apparently.

orvieto classico abboccato for me, an extremely nice Italian white, but I really struggle to find anywhere that sells it these days…

I love real fruity smooth reds, Black Stump and Rex Mundi that I usually buy through Laithwaites are two of my favourites.

There can be only one.

8 Likes

No one can accuse you of not being cultured :wink:

1 Like

Favorite Kent Whine - “Take me shopping at Bluewater”

Favorite Essex Whine - “Take me shopping at Lakeside”

Sorry . . . . . will get my coat!

7 Likes

Bamgria?

Laithwaite’s Cabalie for me, but if it is red and has alcohol in I will probably drink it.
Sophistication is NOT one of my attributes!!! :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass:
:heart:

4 Likes

I like for a red an Australian Shiraz and an Austrian or Hungarian Gruner Veltliner for a white. I am also partial to Cognac(!)

Loving it :+1::joy::joy:

Barrie

1 Like

I like red and have a bottle 2 night a week. I used to try different ones and was often disappointed. Then I found it!
Aldi Grapevine Malbec.
Love it and under £4 too. Its all I buy now.

1 Like