What was the first LP record you ever owned....?

Mine was Christmas 1975 and Queen - A Night at the Opera.

2 Likes

1977, ELO - Out Of The Blue

Screenshot 2021-03-05 222545

2 Likes

ELO - Out of the Blue - was the first LP I ever bought.

And at about the same time my lovely Mum bought Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell - for me, after I told her how much I wanted it, and described the cover to her - she went and bought it as a surprise for me - bless her!

UB40 Signing Off

1 Like

The Chirpng Crickets 1957

4 Likes

Last week we had to explain to our 17 y/o son what an LP was.

1 Like

First was some superb Jazz from a very young Quincy Jones Quincy Plays For Pussycats
(my photo posted on Az in 2006 because they had the wrong one and then used by them a year later)

Closely followed by the first Rolling Stones LP

and an early Shadows LP

Purchases made not when they came out but when I had sold enough photos to afford an LP.

1 Like

Machine Head, Deep Purple

3 Likes

Sorry no pic as it was lent and never returned.

“Smiling Like I’m Happy”…Duster Bennett

Helen Shapiro…Tops with me…
HELEN_SHAPIRO_TOPS+WITH+ME+-+1ST-718557

Oh, the shame…

Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath…

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin 2

3 Likes

Chubby Checker, Twist and Shout.

2 Likes

Ditto, well it was my wife’s but the first we had together.
Along with others we were offered a large amount of money (well it was to us a few years ago) to part with them.

Regretfully, I sold all my vinyl and replaced most with CDs - which I still have. I also remember my first single which was Hold Your Head Up by Argent, but that’s not answering the exam question set.

Grand Funk Railroad- Live Album 1970
I was 15 and my mummy and daddy had recently bought a record player!! Council house, dad working but money tight…!!
Steve

1 Like

Don’t knock the Showaddywaddy album, it was much better than the sound track to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which I still have…

1 Like

Thin_Lizzy_-_Live_and_Dangerous
The same day I got my Ferguson record player…

5 Likes