What was the first LP record you ever owned....?

Snap on CCBB, still on the shelf somewhere, possibly near Ray Charles or the Clash.

We also have some Womble albums (yes, two) My girls wanted them. However the youngest one went on to be a DJ and also a punk-rock musician… (Mike Batt’s influence? I think not…)

Came out around my birthday in 1967, mum and dad bought me a mono copy. Worth a few bob now I think. I gave it to my brother. I believe he still has it.

1 Like

Early 1960s and I still have it!

6 Likes

Here’s mine, (same as BOBM) this is the actual LP I bought in 1958, the original Coral UK release now approaching its 64 th birthday!

Bought - 25/- -with the money I earned at holidays and weekends collecting eggs on a local poultry farm at 6d. an hour!

4 Likes

My sister had a long play single of theirs around 1971, Inside Looking out was the A side. This was probably my first experience of “heavy” music and turned me onto bands like Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin.
Great memories.

1 Like

I was young and didn’t know any better.

Cliffs_Hit_Album_(Cliff_Richard_album)

Many years later and bought with first wage packet. Still didn’t know any better.

2 Likes

My dad loved the Shadows, he had an Album of theirs called, Into the Shadows but it had Brian Bennet on drums instead of Tony Meehan.

I cannot remember that far back !

I hate to say it but the way he’s standing the one on the left seems to have had an “accident” in his trouser’s, and, well the less said about the one on the right the better!

1 Like

And the first single was Marc Bolan - Children of the revolution.

4 Likes

It was the glam rock era. Mud were pretty tame in comparison with some of the others. :joy:

1 Like

Yes… Just look at these guys…! :joy:

Actually I quite liked Roy Wood/ Move/Wizzard.

3 Likes

You and me both - Owned this one for years :slight_smile: Apologies for going slightly of my own topic!!

s-l500

1 Like

Yes, me too!
I saw Roy Wood in concert about twenty years ago, and he still looked just the same!
The performance was brilliant and he had everyone standing up in their seats and dancing and singing! Magic!!

1 Like

That’s Roy Wood, lives sort of local, near Ashbourne in a converted pub.
Little story, my wife who worked in retail most of her working life used to do the banking near the end of the day. She stood waiting to get served at the counter when she had this person come standing behind her, she couldn’t help turning round as she heard the clumpy footsteps on the wooden floor.
She immediately started at the feet looking up at him, studded cowboy boots with pointed metal toe caps, black leather trousers and leather bikers style jacket with the tassles hanging from the arms. Sporting pink streaks in those flowing locks and a pink beard with red round rim less specs, yep It was Roy. Quite frightening sight but she said he seemed a nice chap.

2 Likes

Coincidentally, my first single was Roy Wood…Dear Elaine. First LP was T.Rex ride a White swan.

First record (not an LP) was Catch a falling star, by Perry Como, second was Big Bad John, by Jimmy Dean.

3 Likes

All Mod Cons , by The Jam

I still have a copy signed by all band memers which I bought in the early 80s