What was the first LP record you ever owned....?

I was reviewing my albums and although the first album I purchased with my hard earned apprentice cash was Machine head, I realised I was given this album by my now ex brother in law before the Deep Purple album, because it had warped in the back of his car, still a great album.

2 Likes

Shame? What Shame?

2 Likes

I also bought this…

But in my defence, I was 10 at the time…

1 Like

Oh dear it is a bit of a trend here, and I still have this one…

Below the Salt by Steeleye Span.image

1 Like

That must have been a really embarrassing one if you had second thoughts and deleted. :rofl:

1 Like

10 years old my first ‘record player’ arrived at Christmas… grundig if I recall correctly, along with 45rpm Gary Newman ‘I die you die’ … so this was my first record.

The first LP I bought with my pocket money… Adam and the ants… Dirk wears white sox.

Came with lyrics sheet and I recall getting a roasting from my father as the song “The day I met God” had a line in it regarding “the size of his n*b” :rofl:

1 Like

I bought two alums at the same time, Elton John “Don’t shoot me I’m only the piano player” and “Mad man across the water”

Ditto. Led Zep 4 and Dark Side of the Moon. Still playing them.

1 Like

I’m with you on LZ4 !

Beatles - Please Please Me found at the local tip whilst looking for oil/chemical drums to make a raft (as youths did in those days).

Deep Purple in Rock was my first actual purchase.

2 Likes

Dark Side Of The Moon, one of their best and still holds up well today.

4 Likes

One Step Beyond… Madness :smiley:

4 Likes

Focus - Moving Waves

Bought it for £1 off a mate in ‘73. Still have it too.

Flamelp

:blush:

1 Like

Got both these for my 15th Birthday, still have them to this day

1 Like

I got this for mine :roll_eyes: :joy::joy:

Barrie

5 Likes

1973 ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ Original Cast. First Job/Paycheque: £12.00 p.w.
Went to London to See the Show By Train & Back Again !
AND It Still Plays Without a Problem on My 2006 ish Record Player

But I’ve Also Got More Cool like Bad Co/Led Zep/Deep Purple and a Fair Few Greats Already Mentioned Above

Can’t Beat a Bit of Dylan Though !