What's your MX-5 called?

Great car👍🏻.
I’m really tempted in losing the Sport Black for an AE.
Bit of a Marmite colour, but I can cope with that.

Mine is called PJ for obvious reasons

1 Like

The Red Baron, main reason, because it’s red!

2 Likes

Little 5, as Big 5 is parked next to it

7 Likes

Martha :two_hearts:

2 Likes

We felt that our car was definitely a lady… therefore there was only one option… Sabine, after the legendary Sabine Schmitz.

6 Likes

A lovely name for a lovely person. I met Sabine at The Festival of Speed a few years ago, she was in a rush but stopped to have a chat with me when I said hello to her.
Your car looks superb and what a background!!

1 Like

Slug. It is an 1800, shiny silver and bloated and slow compared with my MGTF 135. Not a sports car but quite a nice open tourer.

1 Like

At night when I look out of the hallway window I check both cars and say “good night Little Beauty and then good night big Beauty.”
Jimbo

1 Like

Shouty - because that’s the first thing I said when the guy I bought it from started her up.

1 Like

My MX5, a 2000 California is of course bright yellow, and has been christened by mu 10 year old grand daughter, Buttercup.

5 Likes

Brilliant :smiley:

We have a red VW Campervan which we named “Big Red”, so when we got the MX-5 (in red) it was obvious to christen it “Little Red”.

3 Likes

Maisy Mazda! My car names have to rhyme as I haven’t quite grown up yet :rofl:

5 Likes

As I’ve said before growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Love the colour!

1 Like

Don’t think rhyming names are chdidh at all ,ps meet misty

:grinning:

3 Likes

That is very true!! Thanks, Comes out really well after a wash and wax :+1:t2:

MX5 has a familiar ring about it!

1 Like

True :joy:

1 Like

Which shouldn’t have been possible as the bike didn’t come into production until a few years after the actual great escape :rofl: