What's your other car?

Hi Ophelia comes from a name of a song from The Band, one of my favourite rock bands of all time.

I remember them well. Interesting paint finish, did you have it done or was it like it when you got it?

It had been sprayed county blue when I bought her, underneath she was Coventry climax yellow as she had begun life as a fire support vehicle at Stansted airport. The whole body was rubbed down by hand and any corrosion to the aluminium was treated then she was painted with primer with a small hand roller, then I gave her three coats of Matt black again with a hand roller. Came out perfect.had a 2.25 Ltr tub engine which I replaced with a 300TDI. The engine mountings had to be moved and had to be welded in a different place, This was done with the help of a friend who was an ex army mechanic, who was in the R.E.M.E. He did a brilliant job.

This is my sunny day car.
This is my knockabout car.

And this is my project car.

8 Likes

I suppose it was worth the sacrifice :blush:

1 Like

A roller! It looks really good and very modern now what with these Matt and satin finishes, I wonder if Red Bull and Ferrari F1 teams copied you? Good move with the engine the 300tdi is supposed to be a good engine, although I’ve never had one, only the 200tdi which was a bit noisy, I had two TD5’s which I liked and the 2.4 and now the 2.2 which are just Transit engines but are okay, funny thing is, that all have had roughly the same fuel consumption so not much progress there

1 Like

Tried to fix a tiny dent in my ‘other vehicle’
Thought I had it a few moments ago…

4 Likes

Wow! That’s one heck of a sturdy windscreen!!!

1 Like

Ah now I’ve had a TDCI, it was a double cab pick up,
Lovely motor to drive ( picture supplied ) but I had to part with it, having to many vehicles.

6 Likes

Love the white MX5.

That’s very nice indeed shame it had to go but I now what you mean about having too many cars, I had seven at one time, only three now and the Obergruppenfuhrer keeps making noises about trimming that amount down when we retire in 422 days 11hours and 27 minutes. :weary:

Would love to take him out in the 5 but still a daft puppy convinced he’d try jumping out at the first dog he see’s.

2 Likes

That should T cut out :laughing:

2 Likes

Mk2 Focus RS.

2 Likes

That should T cut out
:laughing: :laughing:
Along with a couple of tins of car body filler and some 80 grit, you’d never know :grin:

1 Like

2.0 tdi A6 Avant S-Line

This was a replacement for this

Which got totalled earlier this year :roll_eyes:
Barrie

7 Likes

As you can hopefully see I now only drive Mazdas and both in Chrystal Red.
Jimbo

12 Likes

The Austin is the Very Small Car,
There are two Eunos RS ltds in the garage as well as a Honda CBR600.
I called my wife and told her I had bought another Eunos !!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It was the Model Kit

9 Likes

The fire brigade needed to put it out…cool!!

Glad everyone ok…

Our family wagon! - 2 litre Mazda6. Same engine as the mx5 NC that I own… World of difference though!