Where are you!

Here’s the link: http://www.lynton-lynmouth-tourism.co.uk/21%20mile%20drive%203%20(Large).jpg

I don’t know the area very well, but look out for a road report later in Spring.

weve been round that area but in a different type of car…its one of the best drives and its a good run from down here in Newquay

Ive got a day off tomorrow so might give it a shot and see what its like, i know some of the area so should be good fun and keep me out of mischief for a bit, lol 

How was your day off? did you get out for a spin?

No unfortunatly i didnt as my daughter came home from boarding school and i cant fit 3 in the 5 lol, so i had to be sensible and use family car.

Better luck next time.

Thanks guys, if you are ever in the area drop me a message and perhaps we can get a few of us to do the run as a group, x

fiona x

Sounds like fun will do

Hi Guys & Gals

Have driven some of that route from up here in Bristol (Porlock - Lynmouth then drop down south). Now I have 2 weeks off was aiming to do it again so might try your route, if you don’t mindWink (but think I might invest in an OS map as well).

Years ago we cycled round there as a family although have to admit I can’t remember much of it.

Now I just hope the wheel alignment goes fine & I get to carry out my plans

Have fun.

Liz

Looking forward to the road report, Liz. By the way, Falmouth was looking lovely in the Spring sunshine a couple of weeks ago.

I am heading down to Falmouth today via St austell as that is where my fella lives, cracking drive, just hope my baby doesnt overheat again like she did going to plymouth!!! (even the MX5 driver that pulled up next to me just laughed and drove off leaving me stranded) but i discovered that with mine being a pitcrew front end it had a modern number plate on right in front of the grill so not enough air was going into the intake, so ripped it off and put a sticker type one on the bonnet, and she has been fine since.

Oh and i had my first wave from a MX driver yesterday , i did giggle.

Sunny in Bristol today Clapping hands in the air

Unfortunately, events overtook me & not managed the journey Porlock way but still on my ‘things to do’ (again) list, see how it compares with the alignment done.

Have a good journey flo_67, have my instructions from Mother in law to go & visit her soon so am adding that to my list

Although I grew up in St Austell, raised a family there and still live there, I reckon you’re doing the right thing by heading for Falmouth! Have a good day.

I’m in West Cornwall, between Helston and Penzance. I should be picking up my first MX-5 (series 3 1.8) at the end of next week.

Just in time for the holidaymakers to go home (come back soon!) so you can enjoy quieter roads; I’m told that the drive from St Just to St Ives is a good one. Perhaps I’m a bit biased, but I reckon that an MX-5 in Cornwall is the perfect blend of car and county.

I must agree with you as theres no other place where the airs so fresh when the tops down…stunning way to travel

Some excellent twisties over that way. I used to enjoy driving my company cars (various Mondeos, Vectras and latterly a Mazda 6) to St. Ives, so taking the MX-5 should be fun. I’m picking it up on Friday - confirmed with the dealer late yesterday. Thankfully the weather forecast is looking a bit better, with the thunder and rain predicted for Friday now put back to Saturday.

I’m here too!  just moved down from Northants…a lo-o-o-o-ong walk as still hunting for my new 5!  hope I get one before the end of the year as I really miss having one.Waving 

i are ere.

got the 5  3 months ago,  had a few minor issues but it is a fun car.

the st ives - st just route is my favorite, a dam good thrashing in places where you can see the road is clear. an exiting drive with stunning scenery. best time is early summer morningsThumbs up.

proper job.

I must agree with you on that route its great fun. Newquay to Barnstaple is a great road to drive…my fav I think