Where are you!

Hi from a Welshman living in Tintagel. This is my first post. I haven’t got a 5 yet but the deision is imminent - a 2010 Miyako or a nice new Sport Tech coupe, if I can get a good deal that is. Any related advice, anyone?

Hi, welcome aboard. Words of advice:

1. Have a good hard look at the buying guides on this website,

2. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have. There is no such thing as a daft question, and there are plenty of owners ready and willing to help.

3. Don’t rush into a decision, tempting as that may be.

Good luck with the search, and keep us posted.

Hi Bruce and thanks for the welcome! Thanks also for the advice - I’ll heed it, even though I can’t wait to get out and about beautiful Cornwall in my future MX5!

I’ve seen maps (Google maps?) which allow you to put your placemarker on a map.  Has anyone done that?

Is anyone still about? Im in S.t Columb Major just outside of Newquay =]

Hi Josh,

We are very active but it seems people seldom post on here. We have our own website and forum, please see http://cw.mx5oc.co.uk

Cheers

Mike

Hi Josh

I’m “still about” and living in Tintagel, where my MX5 lives out doors and gets regularly battered by the salty Atlantic storms!

It would be good to get together with other MX5 owners in Cornwall - I must get out more!

Best wishes

Mike

I’m in Bodmin, 

worth keeping an eye on the Cornish 5s diary, they organise a number of events, and socials,  there is a run starting near Launceston this weekend I believe

mike

Thats awesome to know that theres still active members in my area =] I will sign up to the cornwall mx5oc site in just a tick. Unfortunatly I wont be out on any runs this side of christmass as I still havent had the waterpump done. I have been in two minds about wether or not to keep the mx5 or just cut my losses and run. I have never had a car run me up so much money in such a short ammount of time as the mx5 has. And thats including a rover coupe turbo which isnt exactly renowned for reliability :stuck_out_tongue: However I am determined to keep at it now and get everything sorted on the mex. I do have a nice little sierra p100 project lined up though :wink:

I am in Plymouth. :) 

We are in Kent and are members of the South East Region. We will be in Cornwall from 12July til 19 July. We are showing our 20th anniversary edition at Wadebridge Wheels. Is there anything else going on that week 'cos it would we great to catch up with some Cornish Fives. Come and say hallo to us at the  show.

Looking forward to meeting you

Val and Dave Harris

Some Cornish 5s usually attend this event and show our cars  altogether so we’ll see you there.Ray and Anne