Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Took it to the Snowdome on Sunday for some skiing.

Two hours at -3C when outside it was +35C.

Bliss.

2 Likes

Staying at Caffeine and Machine. We went to Gaydon today to finish off what Covid got in the way of. We are now having a cheeky one (or two) watching all the Friday Sundowners turn up.

3 Likes

A day at cadwell park today. Hopefully some good mx5 (and other) racing!

2 Likes

Went to the local North Thames area Retyred5’s lunch at North Weald airfield. This is only 10 minutes drive from us. We had good food at The Squadron’s Rosy Lea cafe.

Last to leave.

3 Likes

Flying the flag for 30 years of the World’s most popular sports car at the NMM 50th anniversary evening grille.

2 Likes

Just been to the meeting for volunteers in preparation for the National Rally at Sywell, with our Local Northants organisers, Dave and Chris, and Iain Fleming. Good meeting. Looks like the 2022 National MX-5 Owners Club Rally – Sunday 11th September at Sywell Aerodrome. Northamptonshire, is going to be a good one.
Great drive home with the top down. Perfick!

1 Like

Saw yours and was there with my 91 JLtd

1 Like

Hi OrangeMX-5,
I was there too, and saw your lovely MX5 and also Phil_H’s JLtd as well.
I wasn’t in my MX5 though - I took a vintage car to Beaulieu this time!
A great event and such a lovely evening for a drive in an open car!
JMK

2 Likes

Yes it was a lovely evening for a drive. My RFs prominent position was due to being good friends with Pat who was directing the parking! :joy:
I could easily sell my soul for that Invicta. I didn’t realize it wasn’t black but deep burgundy till right next to it!

Went to the countess of Warwick show at little easton, essex today and in the car show area there was this beauty, unfortunately the owner didnt turn up so i couldnt chat to him! If you own this car its a credit to you, lovely, made my day!

2 Likes

We went to the Knebworth House Classic Car Show as we have done since about 1996. We took the MK2 as an exhibitor. Cost £4 for the car and passengers :+1:

3 Likes

Stamfordham (Northumberland) village classic and sports car show, 30AE here as well and I can see an NC the other side of the cricket square but haven’t made it that far yet

Brought both cars (so we could being both kids)

3 Likes

Had a run out to Silverdale yesterday via Forest of Bowland. That was a fabulous run out. I planned it on Google maps, moving the waypoints to places that looked interesting and then sent the route to my phone. Off we went.

This was was taken en-route at Jubilee Tower, I Whats apped it to freinds we were meeting there… they were going down the M6 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Bexhill Classic Car Show.

Down in SE on holiday in our caravan and went to Bexhill Classic Car show this afternoon. Great show with all usual vintage, classic and modern classics on display.

Couple of models I’m not that familiar with:

And a model I’m very familiar with:

Anyone on here?

4 Likes

Nice to see Clives yellow RX4 still around

Lovin them 5s

A nice ride out to Melbourne Derbyshire

2 Likes

Scottish road trip. Smiles all the way! :grin:

5 Likes

Nice place and a great walks around the area.
Been there a few times👍

1 Like

Just got back from France, Luxembourg and Belgium, 1500 miles in 10 days. second European trip this summer. NC ran perfectly, sat at 110 (kph) all day on the motorways, then pootled around the back streets of Strasbourg.

When it hits 35C, I keep thinking I must get a car with air-con next time :sweat_smile:

Only hold up all week was the Dartford Tunnel on the way back…sigh, whats new.