Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Got the car back from the garage yesterday having had a full service done and new discs and pads fitted all round. As the sun was shining this morning it seemed an ideal opportunity for a top down World tour of Norfolk. 

Starting from Aylsham we headed off through Coltishall to Wroxham and then on towards Acle via Salhouse and Panxworth. At the infamous bend in the Acle straight it was a right turn out onto the Halvergate Marsh and down the minor roads to Reedham for morning coffee next the river. As the cappuccino went down we watched a Norfolk Navy gun-boat head out on patrol. Suitably fortified we continued the mile or so to the embarkation point for the Reedham Ferry and braced ourselves for a long (two minute) and perilous voyage, braving storms (the wind was blowing a good 5 mph) mountainous waves (could have been as much as 6 inches) and the ever present risk of attack by pirates (the bloke running the ferry looked a bit dodgy but turned out to be a very friendly classic car enthusiast).

Safely back on dry land it was more back lane driving dodging all manner of hazards such as the two ladies frantically trying to herd chickens off the road in Nogdam End. Getting back on to main roads at Haddiscoe we headed through St.Olaves and Fritton to Great Yarmouth. From there it was through Rollesby and Repps with Bastwick to Potter Heigham for lunch.    

Leaving Potter Heigham we briefly re-traced our steps then headed in to Martham and on past the old windmill at Horsey to Sea Palling. Carrying on North our route took us past Happisburg to Mundesley then along the coast through Overstrand to Cromer. Finally it was on to the A140 towards Norwich and home in time for tea ! 

Great drive, nice weather, interesting people – what more could you ask for. (By the way none of the place names are made up !)

1 Like

Really nice drive over to Ripponden for lunch at The Beehive. From there drove over the tops to Hollingworth lake in Littlebrough, stopping off to watch the water overflowing from Baitings reservoir.

Then back home through Cragg Vale, Mytholmroyd and Friendly. Nice little run out :slight_smile:

First Club night evening drive of the season. So a drive to Shaftesbury (Dorset), pub meal, chat and night time drive back home across “SpreadEagle” under a moonlit starry sky and minimal traffic. Excellent.

Burley in the New Forest with the local club.

Oswestry to Aberystwyth.

What a great start to the weekend …  home from work, sun’s still out, top down, head for coast, fish & chips, seafront walk, stunning sunset and dusk drive home, top down all the way Smile

Lytham Lawns this evening (quick snap with phone)

Good drive round Dorset ending up at the Three Oakfords Steam Fair.

Not today, but went to Woodchester Mansion on Saturday, then down to Clevedon on Sunday. Lovely 240 mile round trip, roof down obviously.

Great twisty road on the way up to the Mansion to.

Had a nice run from Malvern to Leominster to visit Bengry’s then back home again.

[quote=MattZeus]

Not today, but went to Woodchester Mansion on Saturday, then down to Clevedon on Sunday. Lovely 240 mile round trip, roof down obviously.

Great twisty road on the way up to the Mansion to.

[/quote    

PM sent

Over the bank holiday weekend exhibited at the inaugural Bournemouth Wheels Festival.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x179/Holloway_album/DSC_0428_zps5c11e853.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

These long, light, warm evenings are great - after work drive in early evening sunshine to our favourite chippy on the coast at Lytham St.Annes. Long walk along the seafront, and dusk drive back still with the top down Smile

Last weekend really, but down to South Devon, Hope Cove and Burgh Island. Lovely narrow roads.

Took the Red one around the garage and fitted some new bling 

The weekend before we took both cars to the Gloucester Motor Show at Highnam Court.

Departed the petrol station in Derby not knowing which way the car would take me, or rather I take it.

So was it Warwickshire/Cotswolds meaning go south as planned or some other direction. I never know really until I get up on the day, or even until I get in the car sometimes.

So we ended up driving up to Calver, Derbyshire for a stop for breakfast and then on to Bamford and the Derwent valley. Couldn’t resist a drive through Snake pass to Glossop, then from there to Buxton. After a cuppa and cake and a rummage around a few junk/bric a brac shops (why do you always see stuff you like to buy but it won’t fit in the 5) we headed back to Derby via Ashbourne just in time for our local chippy to open.    

Hampton Ferry Car & Bike Show

Picture my wife took of the OC clubs cars

A gentle drive to the sea.  North Dorset down to West Bay, Lyme Regis, Seaton and Beer.  

I could really do with air con to keep the cockpit cool.

JP>

Hampton Ferry Car Show      Evesham      with other SWM members.

Castle Combe Classic & Retro Action Day, with Wessex And Western groups.

We had a drive to Wildboarclough, to walk The Three Shires Head.

Great drive up there taking in Ashbourne and towards Buxton via A515. The way back was via A53 Buxton to Leek road and A523 back to Derby via A515/A50. Great roads to drive on, great weather with a good hike thrown in.