Who is still working

The N.D is a lot lot better looking car than the N.C to boxy for me this is just an opinion.

And is not ment to cause a revolution.

Wrong thread?

I have DreamLab installed on my phone. Does much the same but on my mobile at night when charging. You can set data limits and I’m doing something (for cancer treatments mainly) whilst I sleep.

It’s on Android & iOS :slight_smile:

Me and most of our village were applauding you at 8.00pm too. My 91 year old Mum is on total lock down in a care home. Difficult times for all and the work you do is very much appreciated.

4 Likes

I’m still working. We’re a family steel stock holding business supplying spring makers and other essential industries … mostly working from home, with the occasional trip to the other to catch up with things I can’t do from home …

Well I’ve been working through all of this and today my boss said he had no choice. I’m being put on government 80% wage scheme in 2 weeks or so. Definitely worrying times as I’m a Drainage Engineer who thought my job was safe. Will be nice to spend time with the family though.

I’m not, however we are in a bit of a difficult situation with my mother in law, who is 94 years old, lives alone and has no formal care. Not surprisingly she does need help to get by but she lives about 30 miles from us. Our journeys to her house are therefore essential but my wife is very worried that we may inadvertently pass on the virus to her. We visited yesterday to take some shopping and to fit a replacement kitchen wall socket where she plugs in her electric kettle, which was overheating. We’ve tried to get her on a grocery delivery list without success but in practical terms, having a delivery taken there by someone else is no better than us doing it. It looks like we’re going to have to carry on driving.

You may be saying that now…

1 Like

Still working here. Warehouse supervisor with an animal feed supplier. Actually got my official key worker letter the other day.

What about all those lovely empty office buildings

1 Like

It’s a fair point! :smiley:
A local primary school had its kitchen completely ransacked last week - all the food taken.

That’s awful any security footage?
Before my work closed its door they put two 5ltr bottles of hand sanitizer on each floor so 6 in total… gone the next day taken by a single employee caught on a security camera though.
Yet to find out the outcome.

I doubt it in the kitchen area. Thankfully local businesses helped out.

I had to stop on 20th as I’m a driving instructor…then I thought my luck was in as the Royal Marines want us ex booties to rejoin…and believe me when I say most of us would like to…sadly I’m way over the 33 year old age limit, and my knees have “gone”

My wife is a Police Officer, and they are expecting many to become unfit for duty over the next week or two, so they are going to be busy

My son has been told to stay at home from his apprenticeship …so far on full pay as he can get on with his BTEC on line

My daughter was booted out of France where she had a “job” as a chalet maid/host in a ski resort…she is not happy not being able to ski every day, and bored out of her skin, she is having no luck in trying to get some work, or volunteering for NHS care home type work, hopefully she will soon as she is driving us mad where she is a grafter and has too much time on her hands

DIY and tidying/decorating up the house will keep me busy :slight_smile:

Still at it, refitting an injector pump to this little beastie.

2 Likes

Look at the forks on that! :rofl:

1 Like

You’re doing a great job Dave. Keep yourself safe. Looking forward to a meet up at a show/rally some time soon.

Aye.
Forkgoodness sakes.
He’s got a pair of good 'uns. :scream:

Forkin’ Hell !

1 Like

Well I’m not working, early retirement last year (the company let me go!) So you could say I’m working from home! But my sons a key worker at the council fixing the bin lorries and I still have the wife out to work in the local supermarket! I did apply as a NHS volunteer but haven’t heard anything yet.