Who is still working

i have been told i’m a key worker , printing on to beer and gin bottles for 12hrs a day/ night …i don’t consider this “essential” :rage: :rage: :rage:

Isn’t gin essential? :grinning:

1 Like

We are still operating.
However, we do supply workshop consumables to garages, workshops etc, including places like police/ambulance maintaince, bus companies, train companies etc.
I guess whilst we don’t exactly keep the country running as such, we do provide important stuff.
No shortage of toilet roll by the way, we have a warehouse full.
Unfortunately, our trade counter is closed.

That’s it, wipe your hands of the shortages we are facing. Or should that be wipe your …

Still working plumber but such a lovely day miss going out in my new mx5rf had it 5weeks been out twice looks like I may get cycle ride for exercise at weekend good health to all

@Roadie

You can buy online for next day delivery if you want, you just can’t walk in any more.
https://www.beal.org.uk/lubrication-cleaning/cleaning-janitorial/quilted-toilet-rolls-3-ply.html

:rofl: no chris…i would rather be home with my family .
the 2m distance rule cannot be followed at work due the the nature of the work , the machines layout , narrow walkways , its a nightmare !!
p.s…i know you were joking :+1:

Martin_ Young, It might also be that these people have got around to checking how much they have spent on their credit cards and got an almighty shock.

No, they are just waiting on delivery of the extra freezers that they have ordered from Currys and AOL !

We still working I dont know why. I work for a large haulage company repairing and servicing Hgv Tippers and cement mixers we already been put on 40 hours but at the rate construction sites are closing we wiil probably close down after Friday.

Probably just a slip, but this is not a manmade virus. Over 60% of infectious diseases started out as a zoonitic disease; something that has crossed from animals to man (eg. flu crossed from birds to man about 2000 years ago). The Sars-Cov-2 virus (causing the COVID-19 disease) is no different. Bats have a fairly slow immune system; coronaviruses from them (SARS, MERS and now SARS-Covo-2) send our immune systems into overdrive, which causes the problems. We have enough to contend with without fake news.

2 Likes

His opinion and he’s permitted to it, there is a hell of a lot worse on this board recently - this it isn’t fake news its opinion just not as informed as yours. I don’t think you need to mute the comment, can’t see any rules being broken.

2 Likes

You seem to misunderstand the difference between an OPINION and a FACT.

“The NC is a better looking car than the ND” is an OPINION.

“Covid-19 is not a manmade virus” is a FACT. It;s not something that you can have an opinion on.

So there is definitive proof that it is not man made then?..
M-m

The full genomic sequence is in the public domain, and has been analysed by literally hundreds of thousands of bioinformaticians and molecular biologists. So far about 200-300 diagnostic tests have been developed based on primer sets designed base on this sequence. Anything manmade will have obvious clues in the sequence. It is impossible to create a synthetic virus without leaving the tell tale sequences of restriction enzyme sites and so forth. The Department of Homeland Security has specific equipment as well that is aimed at detecting these kind of threats, including unknown and novel threats.

This is an unfortunate natural event, possibly related to the soaring price of pork in China due to the African Swine Fever outbreak that has all but wiped out their pig population.

4 Likes

Its titled are you working not are you a scientist. Let’s stay on topic

We might not all be scientists but we can help them. Go to this site and install the software.

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/

When it is installed select the Rosetta@home task.

When your PC isn’t in use the boffins use your spare processor and memory to analyse the virus and hopefully find a vaccine.

While we may only have basic home computers when thousands or millions of them are added together they will have more power than any super computer.

I’ve got a desktop and a laptop running the program and leave them on 24/7. Might use a bit more electricity but it’s in a good cause.

2 Likes

A view from ‘my’ front line perspective.
Some of you may know i am a field service engineer on forklift trucks, working in all weathers, filth, chemicals, blood and guts (slaughter houses), freezers as low as -40 degrees C.

This week i have been turned away from three firms, been refused access in to their buildings and refused access to their toilets after spending 3-4 hours fixing their trucks.

Our firm has all but shut down there are now only three of us out in the field covering the whole of the North from Manchester to Hull attending to customers needs and most of them will not allow us to have a ‘slash’ or even wash our hands in their precious toilets.

Customers will walk around me as though i am plague ridden a Black Death carrier!

Some won’t even sign my PDA off in case they get infected by ME.

This is NOT a moan or decry of the people i have to meet all day, every day, but an observation from somebody on the front line.

Stay safe everyone.

Dave.

5 Likes

Coming to the end of 3 months’ gardening leave with restrictions on finding another job, my new found freedom was short lived with the irony of now being confined to my garden!

1 Like

I am working - in a care home - no isolation for any of us as we need to take care of our residents

4 Likes