Why is this website so SLOW?

Folks, if the speed this forum loads on your PC/iPad/Phone etc is proving to be such a concern to you then you clearly have way too much time on your hands and have lost all sense of perspective. Frankly whether it takes half a second or half a minute to load is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. This is such a first world problem. Time to reassess your priorities I think…

Hello Robin,

I think I should just repeat my previous post - it’s all gibberish to me !   And your ‘help’ has just made me feel worse !

Chris Phillips.  

It’s gone slow again for me, over the past few days.

It’s a little better when on my laptop but on my android sometimes I give up it won’t load.

Must add every other site I frequent is fine. If I come back to this site it sometimes speeds up. Maybe that’s why we are seeing double, sometimes treble posts from members, they are unsure the post/reply has happened so press the post button again.

I only have this iPad and it works perfectly? Maybe Norfolk isn’t so behind the times as people think. It is trick typing with 6 fingers though.

I’m pretty sensitive to speed changes on here, and use it on PC, laptop, tablet and phone and currently it all seems quite speedy… 

^^^ It’s ok for me now, quite quick but compared to yesterday and earlier this week painfully slow at times.

Maybe work happening on the systems, infact I remember Monday it was down for a short while, kept getting error messages so it has something to do with that.

Really slow for me.

Whether on laptop, office pc or android phone.

Responding to PM’s via phone is a no go!

I don’t know the technical terms but the pages don’t load quickly on either device and appear to hang for a considerable time. Wifi signal is strong and other sites are super speedy.

On Sunday I received  an error message to say the site was down and being recovered. Whatever that means.

Sunday morning the site was down, indeed… 

My site speed varies

Yup, regularly slow for me too.

When it is slow, whichever browser I am using, it is always ‘Waiting for mx5oc.co.uk

Symptomatic of shared hosting that is struggling… possibly not due to the load from the OC but from others on the hosting.

Are we on shared hosting?

(Btw, happy to help out in this area)

Really slow for me too. I’m on a 76Mb fibre to the home connection so it’s not my end!

Really slow for me too. I’m on a 76Mb fibre to the home connection so it’s not my end!

So slow to respond I’m multi posting. Sorry …

that’s interesting; my end (28mb) quite quick today. never as fast as most websites but still quite good.

that took 2 seconds to load & post after hitting post button

mmm, odd. just edited last post & it then took 14 secs! to go. strange.

I have replied to two posts today with no speed issues but it was taking say 40 secs at least from pressing “post” to the get the connecting message to stop displaying over the weekend.

No similar problem over the weekend on other forums!

I find this site rather slow too.

It can take anything from 5 seconds to over half a minute to change pages.  I’m a techno-thickie, so I have no idea why this should be, but it is the slowest site I regularly use.  Sites like eBay or Amazon normally change pages in a couple of seconds, so why one site should be so much slower than another is beyond my technical understanding.