Windows up or down

I see a lot of people in convertibles drive with the roof down and the windows up even in the middle of summer :sun_with_face: what’s that all about I don’t get it are they scared they will mess up there hair :joy: so are you a windows up or down person.

1 Like

Up mostly whatever the weather cold, warm.
Keeps the heat in better in winter and less draught. In summer we let them down a bit but if the aircon is on then they are up. Yes aircon in an open car, when needed it works👌

2 Likes

It’s quieter with the windows up.
Besides, with the windows down, you are tempted to drive with your right elbow resting on the door and this gets the “ten to two” fun police frothing at the mouth.

4 Likes

Windows up mostly but perhaps that’s due to being a female driver…it feels safer ? Not worried about getting my hair in a mess more concerned it will go in my eyes…hence scarf

5 Likes

Yes, definitely “windows Up.” It’s much quieter and less blowy, also up here in Scotland a lot warmer.
D

5 Likes

they’ll work as Midge repellent too :wink:

There’s also the fact that it’s a faff hand cranking the windows down before setting off each time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like them down for the look etc, but wife likes hers up when a passenger, so if on quiet twisty roads it could be one up and one down, but for more general driving both up, as its just a bit quieter and less breezy.

4 Likes

Usually roof down and windows down.

If it’s cold enough to have the heater on, then I’ll direct hot air to my feet and have the windows up.

1 Like

I have known someone get a stone in the face in a window down convertible. I tend to have windows up unless it is very hot.

1 Like

I’ve had a stone in my face in a windows-down non convertible, long before most cars had air con. ■■■■ happens.

Depends on speed for me. Roof and windows down in 30 limits and 40 limits most of the time. Above 40mph the windows go up to reduce noise and buffeting. The roof goes up as well for long spells on the motorway at 70mph.

5 Likes

Pootling around or on a country lane, windows down, wind deflector out, the more open the better for me.
IMG_5863

5 Likes

windows down for me!! unless its freezing be interesting to know the ages of the windows up heater, blanket etc drivers :crazy_face:

2 Likes

In the NA, you want the driver’s side down and the passenger side up (if it’s just you in the car). Gives the least buffeting.

2 Likes

Windows down until the speed goes up, over about 50 they go up.

2 Likes

Roof down, windows up. The cabin just retains so much more heat in winter this way. I’m a new owner so no idea what I’ll settle for in summer but looking forward to finding out.

1 Like

Roof down, windows down, do it properly! I do reluctantly acquiesce to windows up in some situations (8 years top down experience):

• Outside temperature below 7’c (but even then I’ll often stick with until about 0’c, it’s easier now I’ve heated seats)
  • Rain, because otherwise the windscreen seal starts to drip on my lap and the door top.
  • 6ft+ passenger (usually just their window though)
  • Extended period of time on motorway or NSL dual carriageway

Sometimes in winter I have passenger window up, driver’s window down, keeps the blustering in check and a bit more heat in the cabin. Also, having my window up just half an inch cuts down on buffet too.

3 Likes

I am definitely a windows down man. Love the fresh air but only when the outside temperature is over 20ish. When it gets warm in summer I take the wind blocker out as well to get a good through flow. Probably stems from being an ex-biker.

1 Like

Down of course. All the better for waving at the ladies!

hellooooooo-0078c4a925~2

9 Likes

Windows down every time! I have a wind deflector, which helps keep the draught down to a minimum. Pure joy :ok_hand:t3::+1:t3::raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes