A second sports car anyone?

The “Bowler” is a bit beckamy in my opinion… :wink:

1 Like

It’s a bit “old hat”…:male_detective:‍♂

2 Likes

I get it :joy: :+1:

An Austin Healey 3000/6, now that would be nice!

1 Like

9 Likes

Nearly forgot - MG TF 1954 - had one once! :+1: :heart_eyes:

Dinky Toy! :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm what a good question. Well if money was really no object it really would be the one car I have always wanted and that is an Austin Healey 3000, in original factory condition in pale blue over cream two tone.

As a avid fan of the Honda S800 which I owned back in the 70’s I could be tempted by an S2000, as I reckon if they had kept developing them the S2000 is were it would be now. Actually if the money issue went away, I might just have a fully restored S800.

Oh so many choices and that’s without starting on the e-type, AC Cobra, Jaguar XK etc. etc.

1 Like

MX5 is my 2nd Sports car, setting up for use purely as a track car.
My 1st love is my 911. 2 Weeks older than me, 3.2 flat 6 with an exhaust that make people scowl until they see the car. I will never sell this.

8 Likes

Now you are talking, love them well beyond my budget though.

1 Like

Talking about Austin Healey 3 lt …

1 Like

6 Likes

I would love to go back to a British classic for my second sports car . Having owned a number over the years I think the humble MGBs have given me a more fun driving experience but I’ve always believed the spitfire had the edge on the looks . Given the chance I would definitely go British again but with our beautiful MX5s ancestor the Lotus Elan . Indeed I think this is why I drive a 5 now .

2 Likes
  • Lotus Elise with Honda K24 with K20 Type R head (gets you around 300hp N/A if tuned properly)
  • Lotus Exige - one of the older ones, the new one is too heavy and with Honda K24 with K20 Type R head (gets you around 300hp N/A if tuned properly)
  • Koenigsegg Jesko
  • Latest 911 GT3 RS
  • Honda Civic FD2R
  • GT86
  • Perhaps the latest Yaris GR

I can once see myself owning an Elise (probably without Honda K-series due to costs), FD2R or GT86. The rest is just dreaming :smiley:

Money no object, it would have to be a Bristol 404. I’ve wanted one ever since having a ride in one belonging to a friend of my Dad in 1957.

4 Likes

I’ve always liked the later Lotus Elise models , but alas they’re out of my pay grade, and I think I would struggle to get myself in and out as well :smile:

Boz

I’m still young enough to do that :smiley:

1 Like

I was born and grew up in West London, and I remember there was a Bristol showroom in West London somewhere, and I remember as a lad when out and about with mates, ( 1970s ) looking at these cars through the window and thinking how traditional and classy they looked.

Theres a showroom in Kensington but I thought they went out of business but there appears to still be one there?

https://bristolcars.co.uk/Story-Post/?permalink=bristol-cars-to-open-newly-refurbished-showroom-in-kensington

1 Like

It would seem that its still there, I Googled Bristol cars and there are the opening times on the website, unless that’s out of date.
The third picture in the photo sequence on the website is how I remember it, with the Blue signage background, and that 2 seater car on the website is the Bullet, what a beauty :smiley:

BULLET2

BULLET INT

Bullet3

3 Likes

Polished aluminium was standard at the time, front wheel brakes were an optional extra. Mine does not have them!

1 Like