Help me modify my NC

Going to be boring and say rust/underseal treatment

1 Like

Not boring at all. It is definitely something that is on my radar, but I’ve yet to investigate with too much focus.

The underside of my car is pretty clean, but there is the obvious surface rust, and it would look generally better if it was under sealed.

My intention would be to do it myself, so it may be a job for the summer/ autumn.

Thanks

Antony

2 Likes

I focus on looks over performance, so would pick the following;

|New Wheels| £700 |
|New exhaust Tips| £100 |
|Axle back exhaust| £350 |
|Cat back exhaust| £500 |
|Induction Kit | £200 |
|Alcantara Steering Wheel| £180 |
|Black roof wrap| £300 |
|Side skirts| £100 |
|Rear diffuser| £150 |

What wheels do you have in mind? Always interested in wheel choices and what widths/offsets people fit.

Also induction kits are very much for sound, I’m yet to find an NA car that really benefits in any significant way from an induction kit without a tune and even then the tune would have probably made the same power on a panel filter…

1 Like

I’m a big fan of these:

However, it looks like I will be staying with the standard wheels for now (I think).

1 Like

Nice. I found a 42 offset with 215/45 worked well on an 8j rim. You could go higher but I wouldn’t want to go much lower or it will rub on the arches :+1:

anti roll bars are a great upgrade.
also you might wanna consider bracing the chassis. they make a huge difference full kit for the back is like 500 quid 650 if you add the one that goes across the top of the rer shocks in the boot!
see my thread

BBR 200 is very effective. The hp increase is less important than the removal of the torque dips and the bigger increase in the torque.

Thanks, did not know such bracing even existed. I will do some research. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you checked my thread but there are a couple of other members that also have them and explain better than I do how and why they make a difference.

Hi Antony
Nice looking car.
It’s interesting the variety of opinions and ideas

Each to their own. I prefer discreet performance over looks.

Everyone will have a different idea but uprated antiroll bars for road use are overrated and believe me I’ve tried several options… As you’ve already got Meister’s on it then thats a massive improvement for road usage.
Re suspension alignment, again depends on your driving style and the way you like a car to feel.
For fast road use I would start with:
Front:
Camber 1 degree 40 mins negative per side
Caster around 6 degrees 30 mins per side
Toe - 4 mins toe in per side
Rear:
Camber 2 degrees negative per side
Toe - 10 mins toe in per side.

I run the 3 IL under chassis braces and a Cusco alloy strut brace, again marginal benefit for road use and you can end up with a car thats too stiff for UK pot holed roads if you’re not careful!

My next recommendation would be braided brake lines and uprated pads. Always start with your chassis, brakes and tyres. Then improve the performance.

Enjoy

1 Like

Excellent reply, thankyou fangio

Braded break lines and pads now added to the mental checklist, thankyou.

Antony

I’d go for a full Martini wrap if mine was white.

1 Like

Talk to Paul Roddison about power mods.

Out of interest what approach did you take on the de-chroming of your grille? Its a job i have lined up for my NC.

Hi,

I took the front bumper off, unclipped the grille, then unclipped the chrome surround from the grille.

I sanded it down and gave it two coats of gloss black spray-paint.

It was an easy job, just take your time with the clips to get the grille out of the bumper and the chrome surround off the grille.

Cheers

Antony

1 Like

Great idea I’m hearing great stuff re Lanagaurd

I often wondered what the screen surround would look like in black so I painted mine with plastidip

1 Like

maybe read this too before deciding what you want to change