Leave me alone I’m having fun

Biggest mistake I made buying it. 4WD version had been released at around £25k. I got one of the last 2WD at around £20k. At the time 2-3 year old ones were going for around £16k so it looked a good investment.

Then TWOCing reared it’s ugly head and Cossies were top of the list. Insurance doubled, sales dropped off and Ford dropped the price of the 4WD by around £4k.

Situation changed and I year later it had to be traded in. Got around £10k.

:cry:

2 Likes

Hi Paul … You are actually conversing here with a professor of the art of buying cars and losing money on them… Usually bought on impulse and sold in panic as one financial crisis often overtook another … I have always lived a precarious life. Would I change a day of it NO …I’ve lived ten lives, got millions of memories to keep me company when I feel a bit sad… which is not very often… best regards from RAY IN ESSEX …

2 Likes

I think you perhaps represent THEE greatest petrolnut in the OCClub.
A life well lived, plenty damage yet to do, and still firing on all pots.
Here’s a wee ditty.

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed your ditty I listened to it several times and saved it, it made my missus laugh She picked up on the lyric’’s
:musical_score: :musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:Keep right on around the bend “:musical_score::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:
She thought it to be ‘perfection’ in describing me to an absolute peak of a Valid description . Thanks a lot will cherish it ….
Whilst talking to you I must just tell you of what must be one of the rarest moments in my life that happened in Scotland in 1981. I was on my way to Stranraer to catch a ferry to to Ireland on my way to Donegal …. I was in deepest Dumfries at 4 am in the morning,
I was in my Ferrari Boxer, I rounded a bend and sitting in a lay by was another identical Ferrari boxer !
I don’t know who was more surprised me or the other bloke ,
Anyone who knows about the rarity of such cars will note the almost impossibility of such an encounter at 4 in the morning in deepest Dumfries ! So shocked was I, That I’m still thinking of it today. And telling you 40 years later,
Dumfries is Beautiful … so was Donegal … Very memorable trip At one moment in Donegal I thought my time was up Three men in berets Come into a pub and asked who owned the Ferrari outside ! My wife looked at me and I looked at them and froze. All they wanted to do is have a chat about my Ferrari …
Probably 3 Irish petrol heads … like myself, We sat on a wall and all scoffed fish and chips from a nearby van, ( I paid ) ‘ Lovely memories I hold… they probably got a kick out of frighten the stuffing out of everyone with their Berets and sun glasses. It did the trick.

2 Likes

Oops sorry folks I’ve just sent myself a post. And answered it too ! …

Oh dearie me. Now he’s talking to himself and answering online. Is there no hope for this man? Probably not.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It happens…

NURSE!

3 Likes
3 Likes

I actually found my pot of Blue pills yesterday Where my wife had hidden them, Half of them was missing I found that a bit odd because I only go to that pot once a millennium … And I don’t like the smarmy grin and wink from the milkman each morning neither …

2 Likes

I like their strawberries from the butchers, in Burnham Mkt I also,like the Host pub, and can’t go there without visiting the Lifeboat inn, in ship lane Thornham, Lovely big dish of mussel and crusty bread Then next day to Well next the sea for fish and chips on the harbour wall, Lubbly Jubbly …

I will tell that nurse … If she wants to P.r.i.c.k me I’ll tell her that I have a rule about being pricked It’s reciprocal …she is going to need a hoist … :joy:. And a sense of humour And a air ambulance on standby … :crazy_face::clown_face:.

1 Like

Unfortunately I seem to have attracted the same attention… our little MX has Quad Exhausts which probably doesn’t help at all…

But nevertheless I’m just happy Doodling along…
As we also have two other vehicles in a family fleet which attract no attention whatsoever.

I really want to get rid of the tail pipes but our Daughter doesn’t, she simply love’s the tone they produce…

Maybe it’s an age thing… :rofl:

3 Likes

My wife is not always keen on the tone I produce.
Often, it is a result of her hitting the domestic Start Up Button over nowt. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No don’t get ride of the pipes ! Not now they are there anyway !
It’s been a few days since I started this thread and the unwanted attention continues but now I’m getting used to it
Yesterday I had a youth or yoof as I like to call em in one of those little hatch beemas so far up my tail I think he must have fancied me
He was of the “stanced” persuasion , that being absolutely no springs and he was also either very short in the body or his drivers seat had collapsed as I could barely see him over his dash .
Plainly the thing had uncontrollable power as he kept revving and lunging and screeching tyres and then shot past me despite the heady speeds we were already at ( around 40 I think ) . 200 metres up the road I’ve had to stop and wait as he’s turning right which is probably the irritating bit as the rest I guess he just can’t help . Probably a childhood trauma from having an I phone stolen or somthing. Anyway back to my original heading. Leave me alone ! I’m still trying to have fun :joy:

5 Likes

Think of it this way (as mentioned over a pint many years ago by an ex police pursuit driver we knew, sadly missed now).

“He’s looking for an accident, let him go, so he can meet up with a like-minded friend. This way you eliminate two of them at no cost to yourself.”

4 Likes

Or couldn’t open the password protected iPhone he stole.

Just ignore them, concentrate on your own driving and enjoy that. There are all number of arseholes out there. Darwinism has a way of removing them from the gene pool.

2 Likes

Leave them there they look fantastic, …:ok_hand:

Oh no Now you’ve done it ! There’s been wars started over less :joy:

3 Likes

They do, for the very good reason that there are very strong opinions on the topics of Religion/Politics etc… and threads involving them always (always) degenerate into a heated discussion and escalate to the point where people start making personal attacks. There are plenty of other places on the internet to indulge in discussion in these areas should you so desire.

This is the MX-5 Owners Club forum where some latitude is allowed for off topic discussions, the above points are a hard no and will result in post deletion and or thread locks if they continue.

10 Likes