Ma5da Racing at Rockingham - Monday 30 August - *FREE TICKETS*

that fine, still plenty left, if you’re quick… cheers… I’ve replied to your pm as well…

I know this is late in the day but are there any free entry tickets left?

Hi Martin,  just wanted to say thank you for organising today.  It was great to see so many fives all together, and now we have even more to add to our ‘to buy’ list!  And we really enjoyed the parade lap, and the noise appreciation tunnel on the way in and out :0)

Clair & Tony

(and Archie the Merlot)

Thanks again - excellent day out

Yes, a big THANK YOU to Jonathan, Martin, Robbie and all those who organised this most excellent event.  The racing was great and the parade lap(s) simply awesome :o)))    More please !!!

Ken Stanbury Northamptonshire Area Joint Coordinator

Thanks to all involved in the organising. It was a fun day out and a great introduction to the club for us.

Couple of photos from the day below. All taken on phones so nothing too great, but should give you an idea :slight_smile:

Mazdas racing:

Our new toy outside the track:

And through the tunnel into the track:

Currently working on the video from the laps, rather hard to make Youtube work the way you want it to sometimes…

It was great to see the racers from the Mazda series join us on the lap though - several with MX5OC stickers in/on their cars as well.

Jack.

Big thanks to the Guys on the ground, Martin, Robbie and Katie for running around handing out tickets.

Big thanks to John and tracey for hooking us up with the Guys at Ma5da racing.

Huge thanks to Jonathan Blake at Ma5da for the complimentary tickets and hospitality.

Had a really fab day at “The Rock”! Big Smile 

Thanks everyone, great day!Smile

Julian & Mandy.

Many thanks Martin and the crew for all your hard work, had a great day and the parade lap was really great. Regards Ian

Many, many thanks to Martin and crew and the hospitality and welcome from Ma5da racing for making today’s event possible, thoroughly enjoyed the day Big Smile even if the day started at 4am Moon

Well today was my first outing to an event with my Eunos, and it was absolutely cracking.  I’ve not been to the circuit before and was really impressed and the setup that the Club had sorted out was really good.

Thanks to all involved for organising, I’m looking forward to the next one Cool

Amy.

I give up trying to embed the video. This is the middle of our session, at the end of the video you can see the racers joining us on the lap.

Apologies for the awful music, but it’s YouTube’s finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuqj4CYDF0

Jack.

Good morning all…

For the “record” we signed in 59 MX-5s yesterday which is a brilliant turn out and everyone on my list arrived and all (pretty much) in good time so thanks to you all.

I need to thank a few more people as well if I may;

Most importantly I need to thank Jonathan Blake and the Ma5da Racing admin team, Tracey, Bob, Hugh and Jon.  The free tickets, parade lap and hospitality etc. etc. all down to their efforts and hugely appreciated but us all.

Thanks to the guy at Rockingham who’s name I never got (but I think he was in charge!) who went out of his way to get us the extra parking passes, that made life so much easier for, keeping us all in the one place. 

I personally want to thank Robbie (roadster robbie) and Kate for their efforts and patience on the Sunday night (early hours of Monday morning to be precise!) as we put together, and printed the flyer we handed out with all the timings and details.  Bear in mind that up until our briefing with the Ma5da guys Sunday evening we had no idea of the format of the day, as all these events have to fit around the ever changing race programme. 

With the Ma5da Racing cars joining us on the track as well estimates of the total number on the parade lap vary from 82 to 115 MX-5!  Did anyone video it from the stands who could do a better count ?  Anyway that’s still a record as far as I’m concerned. Big Smile

Don’t forget that the whole event will be available to view on the Ma5da Racing website and the television on Motors TV in the not too distant future.  With any luck my interview with Charlie will have ended up on the cutting room floor as I have no idea what I said to her now.  However if it does get broadcast please don’t laugh too much.Embarassed

We should have just done it like a USSR military parade, where they go round the block a couple of times to make it look like there’s more people and weapons than there are {#emotions_dlg.smile}

Our YouTube video shows at least 3 of the Ma5da racing cars joining us at the end, so that might help, plus another red car passing us as we left the circuit going out for a lap, so I think we can count that one too.

Great work, much appreciated, and ran like clockwork. I look forward to the next one!

Jack.

We didn’t need to! We filled the whole circuit as it was, The front met the back of the convoy during the second lap…

MASSIVE thanks to everyone involved for making this a day to remember !!
Was all perfectly organised and i’m sure everyone appreciates all the hard work that went in to this event.

There was some great racing to watch, and the parade lap was just flipping excellent !!
The ‘Exhaust Appreciation Tunnel’ was great … I could have spent all day driving through that. haha. 

I think I got home at 7.45pm after a great roof down drive home with Matt and Neil.
Managed to get in some nice twisty roads to play on from Duxford through to Halstead … still grinning now.

Thankyou for organising a fantastic day.

Rich & Laura

Does anyone know who was taking pictures from one of the race cars while we were on the parade lap?  and if we can view the photo’s taken?

Thanks to Martin and everyone involved for making this a great day out.

Graham & Gill

Parked up early.

Watch the racing.

Free to roam the pits.

Now it’s our turn.

Thanks to all who made it happen.{#emotions_dlg.thumb}