MX-5 ND Photos Please

Went on a little trip to Caffeine & Machine (The Hill) on Saturday with a friend who likes his photography, I can’t really complain!

Also means I can update my build thread with more pictures:

6 Likes

The photo with the lit-up trees is superb. Like something out of a Mazda brochure.

Just had a look at your ‘collected threads’, Ian. Good idea, that.

I have precisely the same car as you (first registered 30/6/17) and in the same colour too, but I’ve done fewer mods. I still have the original brakes but might do something about that at some point. I have not read your threads in minute detail but the one thing you don’t seem to have added is a reversing camera. I did mine along with CarPlay and it’s a do-able job. Forgive me if you have done these and I’ve missed them.

The only major difference is that I have the original-issue wheels.

Again - im not a fan of NDs or to word it better i havent seen many where i think its look good or ticks my boxes. But this is beautiful!!!

1 Like

6 Likes

Laon de Classique, 2023

5 Likes

Hi Tim. Did you split the 53 to get the desired effect on the plate? I have MX54WLS
MX5 for WILSON looking at putting the gap between the 5 and 4? Not sure if this is possible.

Hi Ian
Yes its possible but not totally legal however I have never been stopped. They are held in place with velcro so I can put the original ones back on for the MOT. They are known as show plates using the legal font and correct size there are lots on ebay.
So Ill look out for MX5 4WLS on my travels.
Tim

1 Like

4 Likes

A nice run out to Dungeness in Kent at the weekend

2 Likes

Wrynose Pass on a cold and empty! January morning

7 Likes

Hi everyone! Wash and wax day!

Ofiaich :grin::oncoming_automobile:

5 Likes

Collected Wednesday. Part exchanged the ND Icon that we have had for four years.

4 Likes

Gave mine a good scrub last weekend. She’s due a decent wax but this got much of the horrible winter salt sludge off.
She’s going to the MX5 Restorer at the end of the month for a spring swap, alignment and underside inspection.

4 Likes

My new toy, collecting this on Saturday :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Slight change, it won’t be ready for collection tomorrow after all, so I have to wait a week. More time to tidy the garage in readiness I guess!

Been playing with setup a bit recently. Now on 6kg/4kg springs mated to Koni Sports (adapted with threaded sleeves made for old Ford rally cars!). All the benefits of a European made damper with proper damping curves, with the height adjustment of coilovers. Don’t want to drop it on its ar$e as that makes B road blasting no fun at all.

-2.1 camber all round, a smidge of toe in at the back, tiny bit of toe out up front.

Latest change has been to add just over 1/4" positive rake in the chassis. It feels a lot better than level, and now has that lovely MX5 charachteristic of mild understeer on entry which can easily be transitioned to oversteer on command.

Yes its dirty, but cleaner than usual!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Had my ND2 there for full underbody treatment. Very impressed.

3 Likes

Bit of an unusual one… 15" wheels fitted today.

Saved 3.5kg a corner over the standard 16" wheels. Made quite a change to the feel of the car.

4 Likes

Which make/model?