MX-5 ND Photos Please

Our 2018/68 ND Sport Nav with a few extras. We purchased in August 2020 with only 3k miles on it and since added the Mazdaspeed spoiler, IL Motorsport antenna, smoked side repeaters, Mazda stainless kick plates and the Apple CarPlay retro-fit.

10 Likes

Looks very clean and smart. Did you fit the antenna, was it straightforward and does it work ok? I am getting a new ND in March and I think I will get one of those for mine.

I have the same one and the signal is far stronger than it was with the standard whip one. Fitting it takes 15 seconds at the most. Screw old one off. Screw new one on.

Great, thanks, will order one ready…

My DAB was about useless with the standard one. Perfect with this one. Analogue was always fine but it’s as good as any other car I drive anyway so impossible to say there is a difference. I did hate the stock one it looked ridiculous, and mine didn’t work very well obviously :rofl:

I prefer the stubby, although tbh i don’t use it as I always use CarPlay with Spotify.

Nice car and I do like the aerial, in fact I’ve just ordered one. :+1:

Yeah works perfect, from mx5parts.co.uk here it is https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/short-aerial-models-p-4370.html

12 Likes

9 Likes

Loving that first photo in particular.
Beautiful.

Replaced my NB Euphonic with this ND Sport Recaro last weekend. Have already got it booked in with Wheels in Motion this Saturday for the Mazda Eibach lower springs and full alignment. I also have the Cobalt exhaust on order and hoping arrives by Friday so can get that fitted Saturday as well.

9 Likes

Great car - what are the main differences between the two that you have noticed when driving?

New oz wheels fitted to 30 AE

5 Likes

Hi
Liking the body kit etc, and the wheels look cool
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the story with the beautiful, limited edition, engraved Rays wheels?
Cheers
Steve

Saving them for special occasions

1 Like

Everyday should be special. Love the Ultegra but keeping anything for special occasions sounds like a good way to put up with second best 99% of the time when you have ‘special’ ones tucked away. Get them fitted if you like them best and enjoy them :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Jut picked it up!! fresh from the dealer 0 note the stubby - fitted within 30 seconds of arriving home - will do the pipercross filter at weekend.new ND front

13 Likes

Very nice, looks great, and welcome to ND ownership…! Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, a 350 mile round trip later, the car is as described and as new - I genuinely cannot find a mark on it. Underneath looks like it’s never been driven on wet or dirty roads.
Initial impression is that it’s a really well resolved car, and will be a lot of fun. A bit noisy on some surfaces, not much steering feel, good ride quality and very stable at high speed, a bit jittery at low speed - I think I’ll have to check/play with tyre pressures.
Overall I’m impressed. Picture should follow

13 Likes