National Rally 2012 - Got any questions ? Ask here...

Have you received anything today?

Carol

Sorry about the confusion, all is sorted now with confirmation of my booking.Thumbs up

Thanks for your help

Ray

So glad it has all been sorted. See you in September :slight_smile:

I have a place to drive up the hill. I have also entered into the competition as well. Will I be able to take part in both events?

Got a few questions in this post, some probably u-nanswerable

I’m only 20 and I’ve never driven my car on a track before and I am really worried about doing this but I don’t want to miss out on this chance.

I’ve only been driving for a year, am I being stupid in applying to do this because of my experience?

Also, will I need a break upgrade? Maybe get some EBCs?

I’m also worried people will judge me and think I’m going to be the same
as most other young men with fast cars and blitz it up hill like a
maniac, when in reality all I want to do is drive up it so that I can
say that I have done it :slight_smile:

I don’t see why not, but I will check to see it the times for the competition cars has been established yet.

Hi Ewar, Please don’t bother with any upgrades to do this event. It is purely a fun day and you shouldn’t be wearing out any brakes doing it! Do not worry about anyone judging you…in fact, you will find people helping you and advising you…like I said, it is a fun day, so come, give it a go, and enjoy yourself.

I’m in!

Going to fill out the form I got with STHT and hopefully there’s still spaceSmile

worry not; it’s not a track day & no timing will be allowed on the hill as i understand.

the idea is to drive up this historic hill in your own time just for the fun of it, in fact i suspect fingers will be wagged at anyone trying too hard to go fastest.

as for the age thing, I wish i could have had a decent sports car at 20 instead of a ford prefect! no one will think you are flash although there might be a touch of envy if your 5 is very shiny Big Smile

OK, thanks very much. I guess I may have to do the hill run early on to then get the car into the competition area in a timely fashion?

I think the sensible thing for you to do is to have your run up the hill after judging…that will keep it clean for the judging…We will try to get the competition cars doing the hill climb judged first. You can go for your drivers briefing in the morning and get that out of the way.

ok, yes that would make more sense. Do you know what time the judging will start?

Is this event open to non members ? (not the drive up the hill bit) can they pay on the gate ? I have a freind who is interested in buying a mk1… he would be comming on his own in a non mx5!

thanks for prompt resopnse and sorry if it’s been asked before!

The event is open to all.
Entrance is free for Club members and £5 per person for non members.

There are special offers for people who wish to join the Club at the Rally also.

thanks

thanks

Please advise when the 4 runs will be availasble for Prescott Weekend

Hello, how does one book a place at the Prescott National Rally?

New to your club and finding the website a bit baffling.

Scarlett

hi Scarlett       Waving

as you’ve just joined, you should be receiving the club magazine soon & that will have your ticket (thingy to hang on the rear view mirror) which will allow you free entry.

just mess about on the website & experiment, no will mind as you are new. in a while you will see how easy it is.

Is there any information on the Saturday runs yet?