New owner of MK1 Eunos

Hello everyone,

Just bought myself a MK1 after seeing it at work unloved, never considered one before but after driving for two mins I could tell how capable it was. It has no MOT and needs welding. Hopefully I can find someone good in Rutland. Hope to see other fellow MX5 owners out there.

2 Likes

Welcome from another mk1 restoration owner and a mk3!
Mines a 92 auto, imported.

Anthony

1 Like

Photos unloved please?

Hi Craig, and welcome from Nottinghamshire. (Near Mansfield) And well done for saving another Mk1! You should find no shortage of advise and help from MX-5 owners on hereā€¦! :slight_smile:
Rob

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from New owner of MK1 Eunos:

![image|666x500]

The pictures look good but it has a hole on the LH rear sill, and slightly scabby under components. Just need to find a decent welder in the Rutland area. [quote=ā€œapulfermx5, post:3, topic:119976, full:trueā€]
Photos unloved please?
[/quote]

2 Likes

1 Like

Thrussington Garage have been recommend a few times and are close to you in East Goscote, see this thread for more info:

1 Like

Good old classic plate!

Welcome to the club.
This car will be a great looking classic.

From the rear of the car, itā€™s most probably an import so officially a Eunos. V5C will show MX5 as ā€œtheyā€ seem to have an issue with recording what it actually is.

Last few years MOTā€™s show exhaust emissions are high, but a 1992 import can be tested as if no cat converter is fitted, so maybe the testing station was unaware. Otherwise, all the MOTā€™s recently dont specifically mention corrosion as a major issue so you may be onto a winner here.

I use an iOS app ā€œVehicle Smartā€ and you can look up all the past MOT info for free. Subscribe if you want to enter your own car into the ā€œgarageā€ and keep additional info. Very useful app as you can also check other cars tax, mot and insurance status in the event of an accident.

Imports can have a smaller front numberplate so you may want to get rid of the sail on the front. For example . .

Import Number Plate

Enjoy your Eunos, I love mine!

Some shots of mine over the last 4 years . .

Yeah I think another number plate at the from is a good idea. Would just like to get it through its mot so I can enjoy it and have it as a rolling restoration. I think just a clean up underneath of the components and a bit of welding and she will be good to go.

Hi there,
Iā€™ve an NB with alot of ā€œred rotā€ too.
Iā€™am in Oakham and have struggled to find any welders in area to no avail.
I have resorted to DIY. Front nearside rail replaced. And next week itā€™s offside complete rail, floor and wings as my jack disappeared into the underside :rofl:.
Thrussington garage and SPA servicing and spares are the closest but couldnā€™t get my car in untill June.
Regards,
Martin

Hi mate.
Fancy doing mine? I can pay and bring some tea bags?:grinning: I only have a small hole on the rear sill.

If you fancy a road trip over to Oakham Sunday Iā€™ll be about all day to have a look at your car.
Martin

Always the way, Iā€™m away this weekend. If youā€™re about next week though? Cheers mate.

No worries.
I will be about next weekend .