Silverstone Classic 24th-26th July

Hi Peter,

I will be attending on the Sat and happy to assist any time, just let me know when.

Tony

Hi all

This years event is being run by a company called Goose Communications. This is different from last year and frankly there crap!

As for Seetickets, they are handling all ticket purchases on behalf of Goose.

The offer is two adult tickets and one car pass for the price listed at the start of the thread. (Plus admin and P&P, which they didn’t tell me about)

Last year anyone wanting extra passes would email me and I would get them from the organinser, but Goose are being very uncooperative. I will try and find out whats going on and get back to you.

PJ

Mm. If that’s correct it’s not a BOGOF offer, is it? It needs sorting PDQ or there will be a lot of disappointed - and angry - people when the tickets arrive. Only half the people will be able to get in - and be paying twice as much as last year!

I phoned Goose and paid for two tickets, which I was told each got a car, driver and passenger in. Details were taken for the second pair of free tickets - different car registrations as I mentioned before - and nothing was said about it being only two tickets, not four.

My credit  card has been billed the correct amount - plus two lots of postage and handling because their site couldn’t cope with combining them, as most sellers would! So - as last year I’m expecting four tickets, two paid for and two free.

Hi Pjgrey

Thanks for getting in touch, I agree with you about Goose Communications!!!

I am sure that we paid £45 last when booking early and paid £75 plus booking fee this also booking really early!!!

Now our we just paid over £80 for our friend to come along in his car after checking on the BOGOF offer.

Best wishes

Jeff

Hi Passell

You’re right about getting it sorted PDQ there are a few mambers down here in our neck of the woods who will not be very happy to find out they have the wrong tickets.

Regards

Jeff

I've just had to send this to people I bought tickets on behalf of.
There seems to be an awful lot of confusion about what comprises the BOGOF offer for the Silverstone Classic.
I was told one ticket gets a car, driver and passenger in and that you get a second matching ticket free.

People are now being told the tickets are effectively for people, not cars, so you buy a ticket for the driver and the passenger gets in free!

Apart from the expected cost doubling it's not a problem for you +++++, unless you expected a second car ticket and promised it to someone else.

For me and ***** it could be a problem as we were expecting a ticket each and to each be able to take a passenger as well. Fortunately I hadn't mentioned it to my son, as it was going to be a surprise for him but ***** has already made arrangements to take a friend.

Now we might have to disappoint someone, double up in one car, or buy another two tickets at £77 to get the passengers in!

“…there are a few members down here in our neck of the woods who will not be very happy to find out they have the wrong tickets.”

Not necessarily ‘the wrong tickets’. Maybe just not getting what we thought we’d bought - and we’ll have to shell out again - or give it up as a bad job. :frowning:

I was quite happy I was going to get what I’d been told I was buying - until I came to look at all the updates to this thread. Now I’m not so sure.

I’m confused now… I paid my £70ish expecting to get admission for 2 adults and one car… will I actually receive admission for 4 adults?

You’re confused!

Hi Doug

What is a little worrying is we might end up with a lot less MX5 's on the infield!!! Like you’ve said it starts to work out expensive when paying for two cars.

What we are concerned about is that there are people who have bought the BOGOF tickets and expecting to get two cars on the infield and then only to find out on the day that the second car gets turned away!!!

Also why the 40+% increase in the price even when you buy the tickets early when in the last couple of years you bought one ticket for one car, two people for full three day race pass and parking in the main infield?

There is not much difference in ticket prices between car club members and the general admission, While we always support our owners club, I think that the event organisers may be starting to take us for a ride!!!

What we want is for us all to get the word around on the owners club and the MX Community forum where there is also a lot of interest, to ensure that no one gets let down or disappointed by having the wrong ticket deal … We owe it to one another to make sure we all get there and enjoy the weekend!

Our aim is to get as many MX5’s in the field and put on a good show of our cars and make it even better than last years fab turn out which was a credit to Pete and Ken once again and the Northampton MX owners club who make it a fantastic weekend and is always a pleasure to meet up with them and lend our support.

Best wishes

Jeff and Debzi

This was what I understood was happening this year too. one ticket for one car, two people for full three day race pass and parking in the main infield?

The differentiator between us and the general public was we got two of these for the price of one, which encouraged clubs to attend - and therefore improved the display of cars for everyone - Silverstone and the full-price paying public.

We should find out a few days before the event, as previously the tickets were posted out around 10 days beforehand.

If 2 for 1 isn’t the case any more then I guess to make the cost more reasonable I’d be asking for a refund on the 3-day pass (£77) and buying 2 x 1 day passes to get 2 cars in on one day - the Friday. I’m sure the organisers wouldn’t miss 2 cars on the Saturday or Sunday - but if everyone did it…

Blimey! Out of curiosity I’ve just been on the ‘official’ Silverstone Classic site to see if I can resolve the ticket issue for myself.

No wonder there’s confusion.

What a mess!

There are so many options, contradictory statements and prices on there that I wonder how anyone can be attending!

NONE coincide with what I paid when I booked (very early and by phone), even taking into account booking fees and postage, (which isn’t mentioned, as far as I could see). Perhaps the booking fee incorporates postage now?

I did eventually get into the Club Booking area using our code, where a Car Club ‘All racing pass’ for Friday, Saturday and Sunday is £39.50 (£41.87 inc. booking fee - (but what about postage?) and that is the 2 for 1. It still isn’t clear at that point though, whether that is for a car and 2 adults, or just car and driver, or whether you get 2 Car Club ‘All racing pass’ for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It does say:

DRIVER: Driver ticket, only 1 can be purchased.

PASSENGER: Passenger ticket, only 1 can be purchased when 1 driver ticket has been selected. 

but doesn’t give any options to select a driver or a passenger ticket.

If I hadn’t already bought my ticket, or tickets, I don’t think I could be bothered to wade my way through that lot as IT ISN’T CLEAR WHAT YOU’RE GETTING FOR YOUR MONEY!

As it is I think we’ll (group buy) wait and see what turns up and take it from there…:frowning:

I think it will mean less attendance from our group though. Shame. :frowning:

1.  Every year I get this problem and no matter how I word it, it always confuses people. Here is an example- "Today I purchase one adult ticket for The Classic on Saturday at £35 (plus Admin and P&P). For that I am exspecting two adult tickets and one car pass, the passenger ticket being free of charge." So in other words, BOGOF.
  2. The other thing that makes it confusing is that an MX-5 has two seats, so the offer can also be interpreted as "per car".
  3. LAST YEAR anyone wanting to take two cars would email me and I would get them another car pass. This year the tickets are being handled by a third party (Seetickets) which makes it more difficult.
  4. The price increase is because last years Classic lost money. This is why this year they are being less generous.
  5. I would recommend to all of you, NOT to use the website as it is very confusing. I used the website myself to book my tickets and I had to phone the booking office at the same time to make sure I pushed the right button.
Peter Jakeways

National Events Coordinator

Hi Doug

Yes the site is a mess!!! I thought I must be getting a little thick in my old age…Lol

I think the site is very misleading,confusing and plain stupid.

I agree with you that it will be a shame if we have less attendance due to the higher cost to club members and some who will take one look at the crazy way they have presented the ticket price info and not bother! It does tend to put you off having to wade through all that mess and still not know what you want to buy or what you have just gone and bought!!![:^)]

Are you staying there for the full three days? We have booked into a Hotel about 20 mins away, we did think of camping at Silverstone like some did last year!.

Regards

Jeff

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply.

Well that explains why the ticket prices are higher then!!! Don’t they know there is a recession going on???

With a business plan like that no wonder they have lost f1…

Well I’m glad that we phoned up now like you have recommended.

Best wishes

Jeff

Are you staying there for the full three days?

We usually go twice, picking the best two days by the weather, but I don’t know what we’ll do this year, as I don’t know what flipping tickets we’re getting for our money. ('scuse the language - but this is really making me mad!)

Do our passengers get in free or not? Have we got four car tickets, or two? Will we end up paying more on the day, or not risk taking passengers? If we get hassle the first day will we bother going back for a second mugging at the gates?

I was really looking forward to this, as the last two years were great - but they’ve screwed up bigtime this year - and we haven’t even got there yet!  (‘Drink’ and ‘brewery’ leaps to mind here.) I hope some feedback gets to the Silverstone Classic Organisers over this :-( 

LAST YEAR anyone wanting to take two cars would email me and I would get them another car pass.

Lst year I bought one 3-day pass for £70 and was sent two, direct from the organisers.

Deary me, I see all the scheduled music concerts at the Silverstone Classic have been changed and are now ‘free events’ included in the trace tickets, “due to unforeseen circumstances”! I don’t expect this will greatly affect the majority of the readers of this forum (doesn’t particularly bother me…) however it is yet more evidence of the chaotic organisation of this event this year. I don’t wish to tempt fate, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there were organisational problems on the day… [:(]

hi Scorrybreck

Doesn’t bother me to much either!!! So the concerts are free now then! Maybe that is down to poor ticket sales!!!

They Goose communications have put up the prices for this years event, I doubt that the groups for the concerts are doing them for free!!!

Many of my pals who are or were coming to the classic have been told so many different things and given different prices,so you are right absolute  chaos!!![:S]

Are you there for the three days or just the weekend?

Regards

Jeff

I’ll be there on both Sat and Sun with my 14-year-old son - or at least that was the intention, goodness knows what my tickets will say though…[:^)] !!!