Spring Rally 2013, Got any questions ? Post here....

Will the weather be warm and sunny?

Just joking and I hope it is.  Due to other commitments I cannot make it for the weekend but if the weather is favourable I have in mind to fuel up and head off down the highway at about 06:00 for a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne.  I know the A697/A68 well having driven it many times.  Could you give me some idea of the journey time from Edinburgh, presumably M90.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

About an hour and a half - depending on many factors and a clear run less than that - it pretty much motorway/dual carriageway from the Edinburgh City Bypass up the M90 round Perth and up to only a few miles south of Pitlochry.

But allow for about that in your calculations, you might want to take in some of the sights too!

Steve just saw your question, Fishers bar and areas are open to the public and non- residents.

We have meeting with the hotel coming up to cover the logistics at the Hotel for the dinner and timings etc and will post up information here just as soon as there are firmer details as we certainly appreciate there are a number of people coming that were unable to get dinner tickets.

Hi,

Can you tell me if I have missed something regarding entry into the Spring Rally, were there meant to be any entry tickets or a hanger for the mirror (as per previous rallies) included in the April STHT.

Thanks

Hi JXN5

Not required this time,  we have the whole showground venue to ourselves and don’t have to worry about channeling paying public and members or  having to pay for additional entry fees etc. etc.
The event is open to all MX-5 Owners and enthusiasts and we’d like to encourage many people to come along to the Spring Rally.

Membership cards will be required for some things so make sure to carry that on the day.

The Gates will open at 10am on the Sunday morning, programme will kick off about 10.30 and a great day is on offer, the folks in Tayside have some special treats waiting for all who can make the day!

Hi

We will be attending the rally, driving up from Stratford-upon-Avon and staying with friends who live a short distance out of Pitlochry.

I can’t find the routes and times for the scenic drives anywhere on the site, can you help please?

Many thanks 

Jeanne

not on here yet, watch out for them appearing in the next couple of days.

Taken me a while to join up on the forum but thought i would post here, im originally from pitlochry but live in bristol now. Ive owned a couple of mx5s and I can tell you the roads in the area are great for driving and its a very central location to go from.

If you have any questions about the place, reccomendations etc then give me a pm.

Thanks

Gaz

Hi,

Question relating to Dinner tickets.  Paid for these online through the OC website but no tickets received and thats been about 2 months.  I need to know if I actually have tickets/tickets yet to be sent or I am looking for another dining venue!  I have emailed Lucie Mckay seperately but no answer as yet.  Who else can give me the answer?

Thanks,

Salmo-n

Salmo-n

If you could provide a name I can check, but you will have (should have) recieved an automated email detailing your purchase once placed - this is your confirmation.

Tickets hopefully going out in about a fortnight and a month prior to the event.

but if you can give me some more to go on I will confirm.

I will be driving up to Scotland on the Friday 17th May and driving back on the 19th May. Would love to stay longer but can’t book more time off from work. Need to hang on to my days off for my sun-shine holiday later.  :slight_smile:

I left it a tad late to get the dinner tickets so will find a nice restaurant for a nice meal out. I’m sure we will see plenty of MX5ers making the most of the beautiful Scottish scenery and hospitality.  :slight_smile:

Hi Martin, we’re comming over from NI for the week and will be in the area for 4 or 5 days, as we can only do one scenic drive on the saturday, we would like to do one or two others during our week there. Where are they listed? Are they in PDF format? can they be downloaded and printed before the actual rally?, if so how and from where.

thanks

Walter.

Scenic Drives posted online for viewing and download. Some online functionality in the pdfs to explore some of the stops along the way and you can download Google route maps of each Tour.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/spring_rally_2013_r/default.aspx

Well done, Iain, can’t wait to try the routes, looking forward to seeing that Scottish scenery again!

Pat and Alf

Pat Alf,

The thanks go to the team in Scotland for putting these brilliant drives together and to Ian Ness for providing the resource and all the online work, certainly a great assest to the event and encouraging members to get to know a little about the routes and what they can see along the way. 

Look forward to seeing you at the Rally  

A couple of suggestions for the route through Southern Scotland

Take the A701 at Moffat off the M74 for a glorious road over the hills. Not much slower than going up the Motorway and a great sweeping A road.

For those bored of the M74 look out for the B7078, It is the old A74 running parrallel to the Motorway but you can sruise at a decent speed with no traffic

For those staying longer THIS ARCHIVE of CS runs may give some ideas

Thanks to those involved in setting these routes out.

It will help us to enjoy our stay.

That’s great, thanks.  We’ve not been much north of the border up to now, and not even that far north in the 5.  We’re arriving for the rally weekend, then stopping on for a full two weeks to investigate and enjoy Scotland as far and wide as possible.  Can’t wait Big Smile.

Hi Please could you let us know if we are included in the MX5 Dinner Numbers on the Saturday night. We payed the jiont dinner B&B rate to Fishers hotel some months ago but are not sure if we have been included in the MX5 Dinner numbers.

Looking forward to visting Scotland and Pitlochry.

All the best

Bob and Jane Leonard

Bob & Jane 

I do not have your surname on the list that I have been supplied - but there are also some typos on the list that we have tried to decipher with 99% success. 

Can you drop me a PM or email to let me know how long you are booked in to the hotel - our list only extends accross the weekend (Thu- Mon) if your booking runs beyond these dates it did not come out of the Hotel system under the group code. 

Do you have/know your reservation number? and do you know what date you made your booking? It may have fallen after the cuttoff for available dinner spaces in the ball room were being offered. 

More generally to other potential readers:
Emails were sent to all the members that we hold details for 2 weeks ago, if you have not seen or replied to this - follow up calls will be happening over the next couple of days. If you have booked directly with the hotel and have not heard from me by email please get in touch.

iain.fleming@mx5oc.co.uk