Spring Rally 21st / 22nd May 2011 - The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, Nr Maidstone, Kent

Hi all,

Apologies if I’m being thick (likely) but is there a linky anywhere to what will be available? Just trying to convince Mrs P72 that a four hour + drive in my lowered, noisy and ever so slightly pimped '5 is a good idea…

LOL, how could it not be a good idea,  it’s the journey thats important not the arrival Smile (can’t remember who said that)

Hi Jon

All will be revealed in the next issue of STHT, but I know there will be plenty of traders, car competitions, some great runs and a Gala dinner on the Saturday night. Plus hundreds of cars to drool over.

Hi Folks

Sorry not updated the forum lately, but I am going into hospital on 11th January 2011 for an operation as I have been rather poorly, I will be back in action at the end of January, but please continue to send your booking forms and I will confirm at the end of January once I am back in the land of the living.

Paul and Jenny Cleaver and Nick and Jane Butler and Sandra and Andy Reeves are all available on the Spring Rally Team so they will reply with any queries you may have while I am temporarily out of action.

The Spring Rally is going to be fun and action packed lots of traders are attending and runs and Hoppers Supper saturday evening, we will get the downloads sorted for February for all to see. So will give you 3 months to plan what you want to do.

We have 10 cars from France, several cars from Belgium coming along and other European friends so please come and book and enjoy the Spring Rally.

Well this is my last post before my operation tomorrow will be in touch at the end of January

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year.

Sarah (Mazda Chick) (Aka The Crimson Pirate)

GWS Sarah,

Thanks Nick, we should hopefully make it but it’ll be a lastminute.com decision sadly due to work Sad

Looking forward to the next STHT Thumbs up

P72

We wish you the best of luck with your operation and for a speedy recovery

Peter & Anna (West London)

Hope the op goes well for you Sarah. Get well soon!!!

Hi Sarah good luck with the op. I hope the food is good in hospital and get well soon Big Smile

All the best Terry and SamDog

Hi Tango, Just read your post and couldn’t help wondering… why you both were planning on taking my Ex- Mother in law? Trust me- Terry, she’ll not be welcome in Kent as picked up a county wide ban back in '86 posing as Les Dawson. in drag!

Just kidding, she wasn’t in clothes when arrested! Embarassed

Hi All

Thank you so much everyone for all you kind wishes of recovery, I am pleased to say that I am home, on pain relief every 4-5 hours but improving slowly. Some of you will be pleased to know I cannot talk very much at the moment Zip It!, and eating and swallowing very difficult but soup and icecream going down nicely. I seem to have a new sexy gruff voice and hoping this will improve as the bruising subsides.

I want to thank all of you for the cards, flowers and text and email messages, this has been so kind and I am very lucky to have such wonderful friends. I am really looking forward to thanking you all in person at the end of the month on the Brighton Run and if I am well enough I will get Martyn to drive me to the Brookers Oast pub meet next weekend. I am not allowed to drive before the 26th January.

Well I am keeping fingers crossed, regarding the Cancer, hopefully the results in two weeks time will confirm that all has been removed and that I will not need further surgery and that I can breathe a sigh of relief, keeping positive and looking forward to full recovery and an action packed year ahead.We have an excellent spring rally in store for everyone and looking forward to getting the final bits and pieces sorted out for this. I will reply in due course to all the booking forms that have been received and will update you all in the next couple of months.

I want to thank Nick and Jane, Paul and Jenny for holding the fort for the area, and for all your continued support and help. I want to say we have a fantastic team and such lovely friendly members I consider myself very lucky to know you all. Thank you so much.

All my love to my MX-5 Friends and extended family xxx

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

I don’t think Sam would like me having some other person in the car were would he go!!!

Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear you are on the mend, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope to see you at a meet soon,

Ian

All the very best Sarah, here’s hoping God and luck are both on your side.

P72

We’ve just joined as members with our first MX5 and are a little confused as to how we get tickets/come along for this event. We’d like to as it is not far away and a lovely drive up - any help much appreciated.

All the very best.

ps So sorry about the illness but I hope the finer weather and roof down will help sort you out.

Hi Fangio,

Sounds like we have a lot in common - whereabouts in Sussex are you in the summer?

I have just moved my summer pad south from Scotland - I contacted Sarah and she was kind enough to email me the details and the application form - duly completed and returned.  I’m sure she’d do the same for you!

Hi there, if you are just coming to the rally on the Sunday then just turn up at The Hop Farm, no tickets required but you will need your membership card, or the mirror hanger that will be in the April issue of STHT to gain free entry to the rally. If you wish to go to the Gala Dinner on the Saturday then there was a form with the latest issue of STHT that you can fill out and return.

Hi Fangio

Congratulations on joining the club and Welcome to our MX-5 Family.

If you send me a private message I will send you the booking form and then you can come along to the Hoppers Supper and enjoy the full itinerery for the weekend that we have planned.

It is free to members for the rally and there will be a hanger in the next STHT which will allow entry for members, however to book for the Saturday night you will need to send me a completed booking form. Send private message to my email

Thanks

Sarah

Shoreham sur mer is where I am to be found…Cool

Bexhill sur mer me, just up the road.

Wonder how many members there are in our little bit of the world.  Anybody out there tell me???Confused

The South East has literally hundreds of members, but we regularly get up to 70 turn out for the bigger events. Check out the listings for the area, it will be good to see you at a meet. As well as the Spring Rally, the Ashdown Forest Run and Picnic is a popular event and a good few members come to the Mark Cross meet in Crowborough each month.