That's a girls car!!!

I’ve had all the comments…and I’m a girl so yes mine is actually a girl’s car but so was my previous '98 Astra. I also tell them my husband bought it for me as a wedding present (sort of true … two months after we were married) which really makes them jealous. Best present I’ve ever!!

The hairdresser’s car comment I had twice from a colleague’s husband, gets a little old after the first time, I said after the second time that I need a hairdresser after driving it with the top down Big Smile

As others have said - stuff 'em they know nothing!!! Keep enjoying your 5s and keep waving!

Love the logo. Put me down for one.

Forgot to say in my original post earlier… i bloody love my '5!! Clapping hands in the air

When I get comments about my car, eg ats said while changing my exhaust in 2008 and quietly commenting between themselves ‘have you seen the hairdressers car?’ they thinking I could not hear.  So I responded with “Have you ever driven a Eunos Roadster 1993 1.6i S Ltd import with slip diff, bilstein suspension?  Because if you have not driven one you haven’t a clue what you are talking about”.  The look on their faces was precious.

Well thats the vinyl cutter working again, bl**dy windows 7 drivers!!

I’ll have a look at making a better copy of that logo. I’ll probably have to draw it all out manually unless I can find some high res versions to copy.

What sort of size would you guys want it? The smaller it is, the more difficult to cut on my cutter (cheap and cheerful one.)

As for cost, I hadn’t even thought about it. The vinyl I have is a few years old and has been left in the spare room.

Can those who want one send me a pm please, as i’m bound to forget otherwise.

I love my 5 and would like a sticker, why not run a few off and take them to the spring rally or similar event. If you wanted to ask for a small donation to cover your costs or to raise some funds for a charitable cause that is close to you all the better.

Cry Well I’m feeling a bit left out here
Never had ‘thats a girls car’  or ‘hairdressers car’ said to me
Usually get  ‘like the colour’…maybe they’re too dazzled by it…or the Rotti I sometimes have as a passenger Wink

Not sure how I would respond, but they are waiting in line at work to have a lift in it Big Smile

Edit:   Have been accussed of being a posser though when I arrived at a training day with the roof down (usual style) …now that made me laugh…when you meet me you’ll understandWink

I haven’t had the hairdressers comment but being of a certain age I do sometimes get the mid life crisis one.

I told the wife that I was entitled to a mid life crisis and it was going to be a sports car or a mistress and which one would she prefer I had. I even told her that she could share whichever I got.

The sticker I’m looking out for is a Mk1 silhouette with “Crisis? What crisis?” on it. I haven’t seen one yet but as soon as I do it’s going on.

I think with a dog that size next to you Liz it will make everyone that speaks to you as nice as ninepence, but if someone was trying to be funny with you just pretent to take the lead off and they would have an accident in their trousers Wink

Yep, blokes at work took the mick when I turned up in mine for the first time going on about how only hairdressers drive them (I did actually buy it from a hairdresser) then they ask how the hell do I get in and out of such a tiny cabin as im not exactly small!

They dont understand because they have never driven one. Wink

that ain’t the irony

the reason behind the name is tongue in cheek to meet the accusers head on with my own humour

it’s the number plate that’s the clue Big Smile

You will always get the ignorant and the know alls who in reality know nowt.

In the words of a famous song, “let them laugh I dont care”

I love the way vectra and mondeo man will break their necks to get past you especially when you have the hood down.  They just dont realise how much fun motoring can be.

What is getting me down at the moment is all this rain when I want to get out with the top down.

Will all those idiots on the telly stop saying theres a drought!

Happy MX5 motoring to all!

Mike

I couldn’t agree more. I have had those comments for the last 5 years from work mates.I let one or two of them have a drive and they couldn’t believe the fun the 5 gives you, one of them has now converted. Point proven Cool hiding the smugness behind the sunglasses.

Well, for those who wanted one, here’s version one of the logo. At present its about 8" x 4". You can have it in black, white, dark blue,light blue, yellow, silver, grey or very nearly hot pink (magenta) Cool

The joke is …to get the big softie in the car I have to lift him, he’s such a whimpEmbarassed
& the people calling me a posser were a group of male mini bus drivers based at the depot from where I was doing my 3 yearly refresher mini bus test…proving they were jealous Stick Tongue Out

I’m a girl and I drive an Mx5.  I’m teased about it supposedly being a “hairdressers car”.

Oddly, no one has taken me up on the offer to cut their hair, do they think I lack the skill?  I would only be a little bit evil … Devil

I think it’s a little bit of missplaced envy.  Most people I know have loved my baby and some of the men who tease me about it have secretly admitted they would like to drive one.  Most people do not know you can buy (and run) one cheaply.

I’ll have one of those in black please Phil. How much are you asking for it?

Hi Elvie,

I don’t want anything for the vinyl or the time it took to do it. I’ve actually enjoyed doing it and it might give me inspiration to do a few more different designs to put on my own car. The fridge where I’ve been testing the vinyls is starting to get full already.

It will help me finance wise (being unemployed) if you guys can send me a self addressed stamped envelope in the post. I’ll then post you an 8" and 6" sized vinyl of the colour you want and some instructions. Also tell me if it’s on the outside of the car, or the inside, as if it’s on glass I have to make a mirror image of it. I would advise against sticking it on mk1 plastic windows however.

If you’d like to make a donation to charity, then how about Scottishfivers charity? “The drive for limbs” http://www.bmycharity.com/RobinBrown

I’ll pm you the address to post the envelope to.

Hi Phil
Still debating in my head
Really great you’ve had a go at doing them Salute

If i succumb i’d prefer a smaller one

Good Job

Well I’m not having one on my car, regarless of the internal debating and I’m making them! I’m toying with the idea of doing a few other designs too and am open to suggestions.