What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Thanks Lewigie.
If you notice and improvement perhaps you’ll let us know.
I’ve been interested in fitting a set of these to my car and I’m keen to hear whether the manufacturer claims are justified.

Cheers,
Guy

‘are the manufacturer claims justified’
They are NOT, there is no difference on our ND2, pure snake oil, save your money. If you are ever near Filey you can ‘borrow’ some for an afternoon and see for yourself.
:heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Malc, good to know. Much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Looks rather nice.

1 Like

Undersealed, rear fog added, oil and filter change, air filter change, aux belt change, brake fluid change, new discs and pads all round, leaky windscreen wash tubing replaced, clean MOT and now back home, with documents on their way to DVLA.

4 Likes

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply from the DVLA,
anything done online is brilliant, but if you post you can wait months for a reply!

1 Like

I also fitted Delrin bushes on my NC1 - didn’t notice any difference in stiffness.

1 Like

They may not help an ND2 but I was surprised enough at the improvement to my NC2 that I replaced the cheapo 3d printed ones I’d bought just to see if they made a difference.
I replaced them with some machined Delrin ones They didn’t work any better but they didn’t scuff, they came with stainless fixings and they were nicely made. All for 25quid delivered.
Great value for me, if not for an ND2 owner.
I found they stiffened up the body enough to make the suspension work better, so the car turns in better, rides more smoothly and is less crashy over potholes.

1 Like

Thanks @Byrnesy919 , Reminds me to finish off doing the exact opposite (sort of). I have added separate reversing lights, because existing didn’t help when parking in dark small garage. Then rewired original reversing lamp into fog light circuit and replaced bulb with a red one to add symmetry in the fog. Now I need to use above mentioned spray to make it look like a fog light. Cheers, Steve

Sounds like a busy day!

2 Likes

For my garage of choice, yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

My experiences have been pretty good to be fair (may be luck, who knows). My last 2 imports were registered in 2 weeks (Apr-21) and 3 weeks (Oct-21) respectively. I’m hopeful of being on the road in May :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I replaced the gearbox oil with DuratecNC’s magic red elixir as the shifting in low gears seemed a little notchy when cold on my 75,000 miles old NC 2.0 Sport. First impressions are the changes feel slicker but probably because still a bit warm and the expectation of it. A couple of frosty days will be the real test.

I’m planning on checking the turret oil and greasing the ball tomorrow and checking the wear on the selector plate.

Does anyone know whether mx5 parts will have a discount any time soon? I’m after some bits and they are £620 at the moment

If they do it’s usually around a bank holiday and quite often 10%

Should be one at Easter and they only ever give 10%.

Cleaned and treated the starting to look a bit skanky leather on the steering wheel, thereby s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ delaying the cost of a retrim.

Eventually managed to register a (single) phone number to the Bose Hands
Free Phone Book, and then, (even more eventually) call it.
The HU replacement has moved up the itinerary

Painted the original frame with red plasticote and stuck my personalised number with 3m double sided tape.

2 Likes

Roof down in the rain, and my radio summed up my feelings.

4 Likes

Have you got other red highlights, for example side strips? If so then I bet it looks good, not sure if it’s the only red thing. But, it’s your car, mods are fun :slight_smile: