What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

I’m listening. :rofl:

This is way beyond my capabilities I’m afraid. What technical training I do have on digital circuitry is about 30 years out of date. :cry:

2 Likes

Thanks, sorry to hear yours never got fixed.
I’m going to drop an email to ML&S and let them know what it’s doing, see what they say.

1 Like

No, I don’t believe it, they didn’t have rear view cameras or sequential indicators 30 years ago :thinking:. I can send you my unit so you can reverse engineer it, but so it works properly :grin:.

1 Like

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

Reversing camera kits that I did were just put together from parts designed and made by others. Sequential indicators that I’ve been selling are just imported from the manufacturer in China.

1 Like

Third service and first MOT on my RF today.
It was interesting to see the emissions report comparing the actual emissions with the limit allowed:
@ 2,500 rpm:
CO
0.01% (actual)
0.20% (limit)

HC
9ppm (actual)
200ppm (limit)

I always use Shell V Power which I would like to think has an effect on emissions but it just shows how clean car exhausts are with modern engine management and catalytic converters.

Thanks to Paul Roddison for doing the service and replacing the standard brake pads with his black magic pads which offer amazing braking, transforming the fairly uninspiring standard brakes. The pads removed from the front callipers were very unevenly worn indicating that the pins that the calliper slides on were binding.

Went out for an early morning blast this morning and had to apply the brakes in anger when a car pulled out from a side road in front of me at 50mph. I braked sharply and the hazard lights came on in response to the remarkable retardation.

Full exhaust system fitted arrived from Japan not too long ago, buy nice or buy twice

Maxim Works Manifold > Racing Beat Sports Cat > RS Hamada (first one in the UK) 60mm bore catback w/ custom 70mm tip

I need to give the engine bay a good clean

Need to adjust the position of the tip as it’s sitting a little closer to the right which doesn’t bother me, might just adjust the hangers orrr bumper cut and remove the fog light as well, double whammy

7 Likes

That’s a lovely looking 'zorst :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well with the good weather I got around to fitting my new coilover’s Mod thread to follow with pics but here is a taste… she’s booked in on Monday to have the tracking adjusted …the 3 ton 12 volt jack made fitting a breeze … :wink:

thanks for taking the time to look :wink:

5 Likes

Fixed the passenger side sticking door lock. Advice was it’s a common problem and a replacement mechanism is needed. So one was bought. Stripping the door to fit the replacement it spotted the actuator was in fact not correctly seated in its mounting so clicked it back into place. Door lock working fine and replacement not needed.

Moral, thanks for the advice but before spending carry out your own investigations too. (Anyone need a door lock mech for an NC?:wink:)

I would have said keep the actuator as a spare if it’s for the driver’s side, they will eventually fail. Passenger side not so problematic, probably as it sees less use??

Of course it’s the passenger side!

Balance and Wheel weights added to all four wheels. There wern’t any weights on each of the wheels.
Explains how I nearly lost all my fillings around the M25 and the shaking and twisting of the car, especially above 60mph.
Drives really smooth now :slight_smile:
Garage owner aligned the Mazda centre caps and tyre valves :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did the alignment of the valves and centre caps help with eliminating the judder in the wheels or purely a cosmetic adjustment?:grin:

2 Likes

Every little helps :slight_smile: Marginal gains or OCD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Restored Jasper’s badges back to black.

A previous owner had obviously decided the black badges on the Jasper Conran looked better sanded back to silver.

I disagreed. So off they came and plastidipped back to satin black.

1 Like

Took it for a blast around the greenery.

3 Likes

Picked this up. 2nd MX5 and first ND! Super excited.

9 Likes

Good job.
Is that a gravel driveway and if so where did you get your jacking pads from?
Cheers
Bob

Thanks to Paul Kent i fitted in my ND sequential indicators, led bootlid strip and wind deflector.

4 Likes