What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Getting it ready for the meet.

6 Likes

She gleams :star_struck:

1 Like

completed the coilover Mod she sits low but not too low mod thread coming soon lots of pics here,s one from the rear

6 Likes

Hi BobbyT the jacking pads I do use a lot on my gravel drive they are from an Old aluminium step ladder that had seen better days so I just cut the steps out and up turned them for the use …

1 Like

Welding and under sealing - DONE :grinning:

Many thanks to the lovely people at Preserve and Protect in Johnstone :grinning:

6 Likes

Most probably the previous bulbs just weren’t seated correctly. An easy mistake given the fitting process. By coincide my next door neighbour’s NC recently failed its MOT for just this reason. Reseated them and all was well.

1 Like

Thanks mate, am trying to figure out how to jack the car up on a gravel driveway safely.

Well I been using them for the last 20 years and they work well for me 4 of the plates have 2.5” screws that dig into the gravel which help with slippage

3 Likes

Sticker on - lost (by me), new one arrived (thx OC). Job done. Back to Trooping the Colour.

1 Like

Applied Liqui Moly Gummi Pflege to all the rubber strips. There was always quite a heavy thunk when I opened the PRHT - let’s see if that is reduced.

Edit:
Next day did the roof strip again for good measure. Massive improvement!

1 Like

Sprayed the two nuts on the backbox pipe for the 2nd day, will do them everyday till my cobalt back box arrives next week. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: they undo easily :thinking:

2 Likes

Finally…after god knows how many weeks/months on back order from MX5 Parts, the I.L. X brace arrived.

4 Likes

Looks well under there :+1:

1 Like

Finally got around to taking it for a drive. Life has gotten in the way over the last couple of weeks and conspired to stop me, but good to take it out again!

6 Likes

Took a drive with a picnic onboard to see if the car felt any different with its new X brace. Nope, doesn’t feel anything different but maybe you need a track day or just harder driving. Still, it looks nice when I’m lying under it !! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Got ourselves Sandringham ready for tomorrow. First meet and although know it is going to rain wanted to look our best! I hope to meet some of you there?

4 Likes

She gleams :star_struck:
Hope the weather is kind to you tomorrow for your first meet.
Enjoy :+1:

Taking inspiration from the excellent posts from @guinnessman2001 I thought I’d do something to improve the cabin lighting in my NB. Making cutouts in the blanking plugs on the gearbox tunnel to hold LED door lights available from $Bay for a Volvo S60 (chosen to fit neatly inside the plugs), together with standard LED strip lights on the B-posts and controlled from the door switches, it now illuminates the cabin quite well.

9 Likes

Near installation :+1:

1 Like

It’s arrived a day early, :grin::grin::grin: hope to get it on soon.

6 Likes