What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

I gave mine a bit of a wash and buff. It’s our first anniversary and I’m still besotted with the old girl. Just passed her MOT with no advisories :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

You Chose Right When U Got Her :+1: :muscle:

1 Like

You’ll have to give us the verdict when fitted, very tempted myself.:thinking:

1 Like

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 going on the backside. Once I’ve got them to the fitters…

4 Likes

Cobalt exhaust fitted, rest of system completely stock.

Initial impression is that it is a very nice tone not overly loud just a deeper note am very happy with it. Build quality is spot on, you get two stainless bolts and the crush gasket with it. Not been on a motorway with it so can’t comment on any drone but not expecting any from what I’ve read.

Here are the before and after pics

9 Likes

The longitudinal rails make a big difference to chassis stiffness and frog arms under the front wings sharpen the steering and prevent a lot of scuttle shake.

So this is the cars Ride Hight at the end of 550 miles all nut/bolts /fittings Rechecked wheel Alignment rechecked down 32mm front H/S setting 18

Rear down 20mm H/S setting 22 runs on rails not to hard clears the speed humps

Thanks for taking the time to look :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Does making your MX5 smaller count as doing something to it :thinking:

Check these fellas out

https://livecarmodel.com/categories/mazda/mx-5.html?sort=featured&page=1

:hushed:

3 Likes

Eeer the prices ? Must have been sniffing the modelling glue :grin:

Yikes! I’m in the wrong job.
Do they sell many of those do you think?

Tamiya 1:24 ND

You could save a pretty penny by building your own and have some fun doing it. :wink:

$549 for an NC?They’re havin’ a giraffe!

Well… since last time
Michelin ps5 215/45/R17
Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers from Bofi
Fitted, geometry setup and weight balance by Paul Roddison
Also got a smartop because I had enough getting grief from people having to wait for me to get the roof up/down

From my calculations its not a 50% / 50% weight balance i think its 51/49 but will confirm later

2 Likes

New brakes fitted and just waiting on new wheels arriving

5 Likes

What have you done to your MX-5 today?

I have put it up for sale. Owning a nice car without your own driveway in London doesn’t work for me. People have very little respect for other people belongings. Will go back to 2 wheels a Triumph 675 or 765 Street triple, maybe MT09 as I can park it in a shelter around the back.

Was a good car.

4 Likes

Imho the MT09 engine is an absolute peach and nicer than the triumph triples , - just invest in plenty of acf50 or similar if you do get one.

1 Like

Stripped the front wings to bare metal and etch primed. Frost strip gel - it’s the good stuff as it properly burns when it brushes past your gauntlets :sob:.

Wings and bonnet and nosecone to body shop for proper new 2k to match the rest of it.

2 Likes

I had the original 675 but never tried the 2013-2017 model which had many revisions and not tried 765. MT09 i did test ride, seat was uncomfortable but otherwise seemed good but this was when it was first released, I’d go after a 2 gen mt09 which had a few style changes and suspension with more adjustment.

Got back in the Hardtop gang today. Regretted selling mine so i got another luckily. Couple of things, anyone got any side striker plates for sale and or is anyone after a trade for a black roof? Suffolk area

7 Likes

Changed back to the original fuel filler lid today.

3 Likes

Back to clean again after our road trip. Treated all the rubber seals to some Autoglym spray.

5 Likes