What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

A great looking car mick :astonished::sunglasses::red_car:

2 Likes

8.10am finding a local garage somewhere between Micheldean and Ros-on-Wye to get my car jet washed so I could dress it up for SWM Jubillee run into Wales. I washed her on Sat, but horrible rain travelling across from the East Mids to my overnight stop. :expressionless: turned out good in the end.

4 Likes

i dont know why but every time i see that word ii find myself mouthing the words sky tv. cant shake it off either.

No doubt you’ve sussed it by now but … I found when I have a bolt jammed in a socket put the socket bolt-side down on a vice opened up enough for it to sit on leaving enough gap for the bolt pass through between the jaws. You can always improvise if you don’t have access to a vice. Most sockets have a hole between the drive end and the socket. Slide a punch or suitable nail through the hole to contact the bolt. Then just tap it with a hammer. Alternatively if there is enough shaft of the bolt protruding clamp the socket in a vice and use mole grips and twist the bolt in the opposite direction to the way it was turning when jammed. If both of those methods fail swearing profusely eases the pain.

It just occurred to me that if the head of the bolt is up inside the socket, you should be able to take a suitable nut (if you have one) and tighten it up on the bolt. That should pull the bolt out enough for it to become loose.

1 Like

just a small touch but makes a nice difference i think & a bargain for £4!

1 Like

Full interior trim clean and a bit of Alien Magic Pro2 Trim Restorer - back to a nice deep Black. Well recommended - little bottle, but not much needed.

Then fitted my cracking windblocker (from @Roadie). Top bit of kit and very easy to fit - Thanks Paul.

Pictures not the best - too sunny out there :smiley:

More enhancements to come - Visiting Royal Steering Wheels in a few weeks.

7 Likes

That was quick, I only posted it yesterday. Nice to hear you love it.

If anyone else wants one of my wind blockers, clear or tinted, Mk3 or Mk4 (not RF) drop me a message. Slightly cheaper ordered direct rather than via eBay.

2 Likes

:+1:
There’s always more than one way to skin a cat.

Snap :+1::blush:

2 Likes

New burgundy roof and chrome effect Hard Dog Deuce rollover bars :grin:

15 Likes

Looks very tidy, like the top. :+1:

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Very nice! :clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Added a few stickers for my trip to the Le Mans classic next weekend

AM is for my 6 year olds side as it’s his first visit!

3 Likes

Hung it on the wall……:sunglasses:

10 Likes

We all know the hate levelled at the stupid cup holders in the centre console of the NC1, so here’s what my bro-in-law is doing to my console to make it more usable. Totally home made and a fraction of the £86 that the ILM one costs from that parts place. :wink: The pics are of his one and there’s more to it than what pics I’ve posted. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Prepped for our BIG trip starting Friday. We are on a tour with Scenic Car Tours sailing from Portsmouth to Santander. We then drive through northern Spain and down to Porto. We leave the car there and take a five day cruise along the Douro River. Back to Porto and drive back to Bilbao. 18 days in all.
At least the car will start out clean!

5 Likes

Hi Marcy, have a great trip. We recently did a trip crossing to Santander and spent six weeks touring. Even with the boot filled to the brim I managed to squeeze in a trigger bottle of a waterless wash/wax and a couple of micro fibre cloths. It sounds a little sad but it did mean I was able to get the bugs and keep it reasonably clean.

2 Likes

Wish I was on this trip.
Hopefully next year I’ll be on a few👍🏻

1 Like