What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

I’m expecting the passenger side one to break as well🙈.
I did find it easier to remove the two top skirt clips, in between drivers door and rear wheel, put two new ones in the skirt and press home when all the others are in.
I couldn’t manage to slide it all in with them already on the car👍🏻

I found it easier when replacing the skirt to have a second pair of hands ready. I tried first to put the thing back myself using my knee/foot to hold the other end in place to slide it on, got frustrated.:-1::crazy_face:

I was the same and ran out of expletive’s…….
My trusted Number 2 did her bit and helped me👍🏻

Yeah, I purchased some M6 bolts and clips too. 40 clips and 40 bolts. Far far cheaper than originals and better imo

Bought some mats but didn’t like them so cut them up and did a little re trimming of door pads as I those stripped rubber bits not too comfy

4 Likes

Where did you get the leather door pull covers?

1 Like

He made them from his Mats :wink:

Haha not quite, I bought them off eBay a while ago but restitched them to be same colour as wheel when I did that with some extra thread

1 Like

Thanks

Talking about side skirts, one of mine fell off yesterday.:rage:
How???
Well wouldn’t you know it, I’ve jacked up the cars by the same method dozens of times, not just this NC but the previous one too.
Lowered cars need a helping hand so you can get the jack under the side sill, so i use a few short planks of timber and run the wheel up on those. One decided it didn’t want to play yesterday and flicked up and wedged itself under the plastic sill cover, this in turn quite neatly (thank goodness) slid the sill cover off rearwards.
Three broken small clips and the rear end one sheared.:crazy_face:
Luckily I have spares, all back on now absolutely no other damage. At least i know its all clear of any nasty rusty bits under there.:grin:
Job I was doing, tyre rotation, that’s another story, it seems I had uneven tyre wear, more wear on the front/back NS than the front/back OS. I know the answer to that one, pre my ownership.

Anyways, MOT coming up next week, all looks good but the tyres, well two of them are getting low, my MOT man may make a comment on them, I’ll find out soon enough.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

There’s always something😁
Easy jobs do sometimes turn into time consuming other ones, which then makes you look at stuff further down the line.
Then you ask yourself, “How did I end up doing this lot.….?”:see_no_evil:

1 Like

I believe you now get an advisory once they get to 3mm.

Borderline then :thinking:

1 Like

Although I don’t own an ND I couldn’t resist buying one for £2.

Today, I mostly be having a “fast road” geo setting, at that place in Chesham (Bucks).

I am pleased with the results.

2 Likes

Drain holes cleaned out again, washed, hoovered, waxxed and ready to go. In a highly unusual turn of events for Glasgow - it was too sunny to polish her!

7 Likes

Fitted a USB port to my centre console cubby hole.

3 Likes

MOT time.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:good luck

Headlights done, brakes done, fully cleaned and ready for some fun around our local Cornish roads.

7 Likes