What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Still love the true red, looks fine example.:+1:

1 Like

Thanks, owned by me for 9 years. Still love those summer evenings driving to wherever the lanes take me :blush:

It passed, even the front tyres are :+1: thought they may attract a closer looking at.:grin:
I may squeeze a few more miles before they need changing later this year.

6 Likes

Good fun isn’t it.:+1:

Owned this for 8 years, great car, it got a proud new owner last year.

4 Likes

glad it passed again mick :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
i do miss it … :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

The DRL’s provided a talking point though Geoff.:crazy_face:
I asked pre MOT about the bulbs being correct (should have kept my gob shut) one tester said no worries, the regular guy, but the other tester new to the job gave them closer look and took a deep breath.
I left it with them to fight over but I pulled the fuse out to them before I left.:thinking:

2 Likes

:+1:Good news

1 Like

Not mine, but look what this guy has had done to his MX-5 :thinking:

Ruined it ? Horrible, just horrible. I don’t care what he’s done, what effort he’s put in, it’s fugly !

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:Completely agree. Back end not too bad, but if only he had matched it up with a Sunbeam Alpine front end. It might have looked quite pretty.

Why oh why…:nauseated_face:

Front end looks like a volvo p1800 :innocent:

Ish !!!

Did I see this at the Nationals last year? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes,
:heart:

1 Like

That looks really smart :heart:

It reminded me instantly of one of these…

6313245918_0a38c6d36e_o

Best place for it - when the tide finishes coming in!

3 Likes

Get /buy 4 2x8 6 ft long planks of plained wood and bury them in the gravel under the car.

Get / buy two really big thick concrete paving slabs and bury them under the car round the chassis rails.

Spend an hour or two getting the paving slabs and the boards level. This can be tricky if your yard slopes sideways

Get a really big low profile hydraulic Jack (mine is from sgs) and carry it over to the car before placing it gently on the planks.

Manoeuvre it under the car and Jack from your chosen lifting point.

Place two axle stands under the car - one under each chassis rail after protecting the rail - I use old rubber floor mat cut up. It helps here if you have the beefed up mx5 restorer chassis rails and not some of the things with the appearance of a crushed bean can you see in pics from time to time.

Use tyres and scrap wood placed under the car to protect the worker should the car slip off the stands.

Plot murder of spouse for insisting on golden gravel not block paving.

In all seriousness don’t take risks. They buried a local coach driver, retained fireman and popular local figure round here a few weeks ago when his coach fell of its stands and onto him. His wife found him. . While an mx5 is materially lighter the effect is the same.

2 Likes

I think your wife would correctly tell you that it’s called Cotswold Buff, not golden gravel…just saying…