What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Yep, I looked into the British Gas boiler care type product. When I read the small print and conditions I decided it wasn’t worth the paper it was written on,

Going a bit off topic though aren’t we :laughing:

Yes but I didn’t start it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

** known trouble-maker ** :rofl::joy:

“I didn’t start it” and “Going a bit off topic” and “Beyond Economic Repair” :thinking:

No - it was david-p talking about his fob surviving the washing machine :roll_eyes:
Then me talking about Electrics in general surviving water and me venting about Combi-Boiler Breakdown and Getting Fabulous Support from Posters during me being pretty fed-up and ‘Home Alone’ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :anguished:
To a conversation about Warranties & them probably not being worth the paper they are written on :handshake:

But Roadie you’ve brilliantly directed us Full Circle back to the MX-5 because ‘Beyond Economic Repair’ is what they said about Bullit when her Soft Top was slashed in 2019 :rage:

So…we kinda Still on Topic …Just went the ‘Scenic Route’ :rofl: :crazy_face: :wink:

1 Like

Yep…call me Grumpy Old Woman & Nostalgic but if you took care of stuff back in the Olden Days they lasted
Not todays Throwaway Society

As Evident By the Number of NA/NB Posters on this Site :grin: :joy: :clap:

2 Likes

Today I received in the mail a seat belt extender. In the winter I wear a heavy jacket and fishing for the seatbelt socket is a pain. This 7" extension should make it easier. I do not expect to use it in the summer, when it is t-shirt weather; but for the present it is just the ticket.

David

I’ve driven 320 miles round trip from Northumberland to Cheshire in my MX5.
Tested out my new Michelin PS5’s on a very wet M6 with standing water and temperature at only 2C near Shap.
Wet weather performance was very good. No Tram-lining or skittishness when lane changing through standing water, the car felt very planted.
Not the best driving conditions for an MX5 but the journey was necessary.
Made me realise how far gone my old PS4’s were and the value of good tyres on these cars.

2 Likes

Personally I would not be happy using those as it moves the ‘buckle’ to a ‘soft’ area of the torso. It is your body and your choice,
:heart:

I never wear more than a normal fleece jumper in the car. The heater and seats warm up quickly and the car is always cosy so a coat is unnecessary in my opinion. Even the track day I did in December when temps were around freezing and I had the top down all day I was never cold.

I have the opposite problem with my seat belt, I’m not the tallest so as it doesn’t adjust at the top, but is in the clip in the top of the seat by the headrest, I find the belt digging into my neck a bit. Not an issue when I have a collar as I tuck it under that, but when I only have a t shirt on I find it slightly annoying.

Don’t know if there any solutions?

1 Like

Search for ‘seat belt pad’ on Amazon or Halfords. I haven’t got any, but I am thinking about it for exactly the same reason.

Fitted rear stone guards - you can hardly see them, but reports say they are good.

3M tape fixing, we’ll see how that stands up. I may take the wheels off and add a fastener top and bottom “just in case”.

5 Likes
1 Like

I installed the aluminium shelf from Zymexx.de (also obtainable elsewhere) in the central locker between the seats of my ND RF. It was quite a fiddly operation as it is a tightish fit, but once it clicked into place, all was well. It allows me to keep more stuff in there.

David

EDIT: I find it very strange that Mazda didnt supply a shelf. There is definitely provision for mounting one: three holes at the back to locate it, and two plastic protrusions at the side to hold the shelf level.

D

5 Likes

I need the jacket for walking to the garage where I keep the car, and for when I get to my destination. I suppose I am too lazy to put it in the boot. (I cant bear heated seats!)

You can get (or make) something like these which should spread the load.
[NB: I am showing Amazon.de, but they are available elsewhere.]

David

1 Like

If you know someone with a 3D printer, this may help https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/t/its-time-i-gave-something-back-to-the-forum/117342/45.

1 Like

Did you buy it from Germany, David, or is there a UK supplier? It looks useful & I’d like one for my RF.

1 Like

These available from Amazon UK at £6.77. Probably shipped from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Covers-Shoulder-Crossover-Mazda2-Roadster/dp/B004QA1QBC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mx-5+seat+belt+shoulder+pads&qid=1681562782&sr=8-1

1 Like

If you mean the shelf, I bought it from Zymexx.de, who actually make it. That was principally to avoid customs duties (from the UK to Austria). But it is actually quite sturdy, so I am well pleased. However, it looks like this one is probably just as good.

David

1 Like

Many thanks, David.
P.S. - I’ve just looked at your website. VERY impressed. We have at least two interests in common, then.

1 Like

Spent a decent chunk of today cleaning first my wife’s car (which was a riot of black mould), and then my PRHT. Half opened the roof, and gave all the seals a good clean and treatment with some Gummi Pflege. Bring on the summer!