What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Couple of little tweaks courtesy of Rob Bate. :+1:

Door shut changed and battery cover fitted where there was none.

2 Likes

Earth connections on both the relay and the horns are worth checking.

2 Likes

Get the white on white doorbushing one but no clue on number 2

1 Like

Battery cover in white?

1 Like

Yes it’s the battery cover :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fitted a Bluetooth cd unit.
Old cd player wouldn’t read cd’s…

What material is the bush made out of and did it come with fitting instructions ,??

Where did you get the battery cover ? I wouldn’t mind an orange one .

1 Like

Nice chap called Rob Bate on facebook MX-5 MK4 ND owners UK :uk: Sales Page.

1 Like

Nice chap on FB facebook called Rob Bate
MX-5 MK4 ND owners UK :uk: Sales Page. Description is “Best quality Precision Machined Delrin door bushes. Supplied with Stainless Steel flange head screws and easy to follow instructions.” So I got everything as described and fitted easily.

1 Like

Hi Mad Malc,
It had done about twenty miles since the last reset and was showing mid twenties mpg when I started. I should point out that the car had 1,585 miles on it so the previous owner had hardly used it in two years.
My previous RF would return 50+mpg cruising at 70 on the motorway and I think the improvement was partly due to decent fuel and partly due to the car benefiting from a good long run.
I am a great believer in the benefit of using top grade fuel in the ND. The compression ratio is 14:1 and whilst it will run well on low octane fuel the ECU will compensate reducing power. In the USA the highest octane fuel is only 95 and the ND in US spec is about 5bhp down on the UK version.

Rob Bate FB MX5 Mk4 ND Owners UK. I used FB Messenger to contact him.

I’ve got to have one of those in my life , thanks :+1:

1 Like

Rodders reckons they stuck a standard ND on a dynamometer and got an instant 10bhp gain by simply switching from supermarket 95 to Shell V Power.
No wonder if its 14:1 and the ecu adjusts the ignition timing to suit the fuel in use via the knock sensor.

2 Likes

Except we don’t all have Facebook…

1 Like

You can still have “Messenger” without a Face Book account.

EDIT- You can have messenger without Facebook, as I did for 8 years.
(Apologies if I should not have put the word “account” in the sentence. Be quick though as if if you wish to claim, Claims Direct shuts at 1800. I have just said my 3 Hail Mary’s as an online apology to all and wish to seek your forgiveness for ever and a day). :slightly_smiling_face:

Discovered the welding needed for the MOT is twice as bad as originally thought, and beyond my budget. :pensive:

I’ve just asked and his email is robbate1@hotmail.co.uk

3 Likes

You can have Messenger without Facebook, but not Messenger without a Facebook Account.

Many who object to Facebook wish to avoid the whole company, not just the social media part. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sorted out the wiring for the MX5Things auto window shut on my MX5 ND. The wiring they supplied to remotely open and close your windows via the remote was less than satisfactory and they recommend getting rid of the extension they give you and to tap into the wiring directly - which is what I did today.

I got some new (to me) wiring connector which is T-shaped and allows you to connect two wires at a time - link below to the actual connectors on wish.com

Happy to report that windows now
(a) close automatically with roof closure and
(b) I can open the windows with the remote by pressing the remote unlock button twice and
(c) I can close the windows by pressing the remote lock button twice OR if I walk away from the car and it auto-locks, it will close the windows at the same time.

Happy that got sorted.

LINK TO THE ITEMS ON WISH.COM

Remote Window Operation - add-on to the standard Auto Window Close

Auto Window Close when roof shut

2 Likes